Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. newbie..please help :)
    By grayb in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 03:48 PM
  2. Yet another Newbie !
    By Steve S in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-01-2014, 06:08 PM
  3. Newbie help
    By PlonkaGames in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 03:52 PM
  4. Newbie
    By cayo in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-09-2013, 12:35 AM
  5. Another Newbie
    By Donnette in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-03-2012, 08:57 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug newbie help please

Hi guys. Fairly new to this mug game so looking for a bit of advice please. Today I pressed my first mug and overall it looks fine. However I did notice that all of the colours seem a little darker than the original picture. Now I must admit that although I was pressing at 180 for 180 (well that was the plan), due to a doggy distraction they probably ended up being in for closer to 210 seconds. Could this cause the colour issue? I'm using an Epson xp245, with inks, paper and profile all supplied by cityinkexpress and mug press from signzworld. Also there was a very slight yellowing where the paper came in contact with the unprinted parts of the mug. Again could this be due to the time overrun? I've included picture of the mug and the original image
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The first thing you must learn is that colours on your monitor rarely print out the same unless you have applied colour management to the monitor too.

This is very tricky to get right and most people just accept there's going to be a difference and compensate by applying adjustments before printing, such as brightness, contrast, saturation, etc. You just need to experiment and be prepared to lose some mugs in the process.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also not using proper sawgrass ink and profile to match will not help. I started with a mickeg mouse printer and China ink and refillable cartridges and results were ok but not crisp, changed to Richo printer and sawgrass ink and bingo problem solved .the support you get is fab as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Directdesignsupplied.co.uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most people have their monitor brightness set far too high.

You also need to get a custom ICC profile done for your printer/ ink/ paper combination. Moderator Paul on here can do that for £25.

If you are happy with the set up you have, calibrate your monitor, then edit your photo and order the profile.