Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2017, 01:00 PM
  2. For Sale Sublinova Smart
    By mags1892 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-07-2016, 05:16 PM
  3. Epson WF-3010 & Inktec Sublinova DYE
    By ferret in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-02-2015, 02:08 PM
  4. Sublijet-R or Sublinova?
    By muckyducky in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epson with SubliNova ICC HELP

Hi

I am new newbie to sublimation and I am based in South Africa. I have started with an Epson Stylus R330 printer with an installed CISS (Continuous ink system) along with SubliNova ink. I orginally knew nothing about ICC profiles and was just printing through Microsoft publisher and I was of course not happy with the end product in terms of colour. It actually seemed pretty decent at first until I compared it to other people's sublimated mugs. Mine is clearly inferior.

After doing some researched I firmly believe that I need an appropriate ICC profile for my printer and ink combination. I am printing through CorelDraw now and have downloaded and tried various ICC profiles from different sources and I am still coming out with a similar end product. Is there anyone using an Epson printer along with SubliNova ink successfully that can assist me. I will really appreciate it.

I have had a friend of mine test the paper I am using on his setup and it works just fine.

Also, I've gotta try everything to make my setup work before even thinking of other equipment or ink. I'm sure there must be a way to get it to its full potential.

Thank you in advance

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not familiar with Corel Draw, but have you used the correct settings in Colour Management?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the response. Im quite sure I have it correctly setup to implement the ICC.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did your ink supplier supply you with a generic icc for Sublinova or did you get a custom icc made?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately none. I have not got a custom one made and I cannot find a generic ICC for the SubliNova ink. There are suppliers of SubliNova ink that do provide generic profiles but sadly I did not purchase from them. I've been searching the net and I cannot find anything. Surely someone has to have the generic profile for SubliNova ink. I've tried downloading generic profiles for various printer but that hasn't given me any luck

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For best results, you should have a custom profile made for your ink/ paper and printer combination. It would be quicker if you can get this done locally as you need to print off a special colour chart. Moderator Paul on here makes ICC profiles, so worth giving him a shout.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anyone on here that is able to send me an ICC they are using with Sublinova ink and preferably an Epson printer. I will highly appreciate it.

I'd glady use Paul to make a custom profile but that would mean me mailing to the U.K from South Africa and that is going to take too much time.

I cannot find anyone using sublinova ink locally and there is only one company here that is willing to do a custom profile and the price is outrageous. Please help me out

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What paper are you using as that is important when needing a custom profile?
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure what paper it is but I've gt tons of it. I know it is capable though as I had two guys try out my paper with there printers and ink and it worked just fine. One of them used it with a Sawgrass printer and its ink and the other with an Epson printer and its ink.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I use Sawgrass ink, so this may not help you..........
    When I print from CorelDraw, the the document has to have an RGB profile, not CYMK. Might be worth a try.

Skye