Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. UK Suppliers
    By Justin in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 27-11-2023, 04:55 PM
  2. Mug suppliers
    By Camera+ in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15-08-2018, 09:22 AM
  3. Mug Suppliers
    By Bob700 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27-01-2017, 12:12 PM
  4. Looking for UK suppliers
    By pamelasplayroom in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-11-2010, 06:23 PM
  5. PBT suppliers
    By richuk in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One for the suppliers

Out of interest a question for the suppliers on here....

I am a member of Amazon Prime as I often need to purchase one off's of various items. I am now using it more and more for a lot of my business purchases such as ink etc as it's free delivery. I have no idea how this works for the supplier, but I pay £80.00 a year and anything included in Prime is delivered next day for free.

So as a question to the suppliers, has anyone looked into this for their blank products? I only ask because I think I would purchase a lot more one off blanks from one supplier if I didn't have to pay postage every time. It is also a common thread on here about postage increasing the costs.

Obviously everything comes at a cost so would love to know how much it would cost a supplier to sign up to Prime.

I know "they who must not be named" sell via Amazon but are not on prime and even if they were I still would not purchase from them until they come clean about the theft of designs and general criminal activity...
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I thought Amazon prime had to be shipped via an Amazon fulfilment centre. So they would have to forward the stuff to Amazon and pay the storage fees.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I thought Amazon prime had to be shipped via an Amazon fulfilment centre. So they would have to forward the stuff to Amazon and pay the storage fees.
    You are probably right, I have no idea, but depending on how organised you are / volume of sales / price it might be worth it.

As an example I need one photo slate for a mate. If I had purchased that on it's own it would have cost me £12.50 including the VAT and shipping. The item without shipping is £5.28 (inc). So even if they upped the price to £8.00 it would still be cheaper.

I am probably over simplifying it and as mentioned, I really do not have a clue on how it all works. But thought I would throw it out there...

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Simon, In principal its a good idea, but it could only work for select fast moving items as Gary says everything has to be shipped to a fulfillment center packaged up bar coded and you then pay storage fees, there is no way it could work with every item. We have dabbled with Amazon a couple of times in the past but found it not to be worth the hassle, however it wasn't prime.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want a trade supplier supplying anybody with an Amazon account?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It could be a workable way for suppliers to send single sample products cheaply.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you want a trade supplier supplying anybody with an Amazon account?
    Not sure what you mean on that?

There is one company who already sells sublimation blanks on Amazon, just not through Prime (would not purchase from them anyway). Trade suppliers selling on Amazon, is no different to Ebay or their own web shop to be honest.

I suppose another way to look at it is the order that I just purchased from Dye Sub Supplies. Only needed 1 photo slate, ended up buying 6 and spending £35 including shipping and VAT. That's a win for the supplier

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prime does not necessarily mean cheaper, though if you want just 1 then probably does work out better.

today I had an order for 6 mugs FBA on Prime and customer paid £54 - it's £10 per mug on Prime but over 4 mugs get you 10% off.
    I also had an order for 6 mugs non-prime under FBA cost was £39 because the shipping template meant they saved on shipping.

With Prime they paid for 'free' shipping 6 times over instead of just once :)

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Simon fantastic hadn't realised you had ordered today, our shipping is for next day courier however in future if you need a single item and aren't in a rush we could send 2nd class Royal Mail however this would need to be done over the phone.

A win for us yes it will go towards paying for the 4 containers we have coming in ready for the Christmas rush. Big investment but we are trying to keep all our loyal customers stocked up for Christmas, so every order helps us help you, so keep them coming big or small they all add up.��
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Not sure what you mean on that?

There is one company who already sells sublimation blanks on Amazon, just not through Prime (would not purchase from them anyway). Trade suppliers selling on Amazon, is no different to Ebay or their own web shop to be honest.

I suppose another way to look at it is the order that I just purchased from Dye Sub Supplies. Only needed 1 photo slate, ended up buying 6 and spending £35 including shipping and VAT. That's a win for the supplier

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Also, to add there are sellers on Amazon who sell via Prime and without Prime, and their non-Prime versions of the products are cheaper, just not necessarily next day.