Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublisplash inks ...
    By webtrekker in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 27-11-2017, 10:16 AM
  2. Banner updates moving page
    By wayupnorth in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-01-2015, 11:43 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sublisplash updates...

Morning all,

I'm getting very close to be in a position to either continue with my Sawgrass inks or make the switch to Sublisplash. Discussions about this seem to have gone a little quiet lately so I was wondering if anyone else has switched yet and what their feedback would be.

I'd like to know whether people have continued to print through PowerDriver or whether you now print direct to the printer with the correct ICC profile installed.

I have made the switch over to the Xpres SubliPrint paper which is giving fantastic results so again, welcome feedback for anyone else using this paper with the Sublisplash inks.

I have no problems using the SG inks and have consistent good results so i'm cautious about switching over and potentially introducing new issues that may arise so the knowledge and experience of the people here is invaluable to help make the decision.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will have the Sublisplash system coming sometime this week. New printer, new inks, everything. I too have no problem with SG inks but was persueded by my supplier to switch. They have a special offer on at the mo for excisting customers of 8 catridges for the price of 4.
    Ill let you know how it works.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

matzy (21-08-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any update as im thinking of swapping over

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sawgrass and their suppliers do have the history of good support and of course 2 year printer warranty when buying new and despite the cost I guess these are good benefits. The cost saving of sublisplash isn't substantial compared to other alternatives available unless your being offered a strong introductory deal. I've not seen any deals for new printers with these inks with 2 year warranty and not sure if they have uk offices for support or have many dealers yet but time will tell I guess as to whether they gain a foothold. For newcomers or those buying new the sawgrass 2 year warranty can seal the deal when spending these sums.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the very little (none) feedback its looking likely that i'll be sticking with Sawgrass, it works consistently well and gives good reliable results, i have no complaints and quite rightly as you say there is no real strong incentive to change. Ok, there may be the swap out offer on the table but with nothing really to back it up i'm dubious about taking the risk of switching to something that hit our screens in a blaze of colour and then went quiet!! Maybe i'm just being a little too cautious but alas, I do not have the money to spare and recover in the event that it does not perform as well as I had hoped. Imagine the cost of having to flush the SS inks from my printers and replace again with all new SG cartridges!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recieved my Sublisplash last week and they do give a more vibrant print. My old Sawgrass printer is the GX2600 which is 7 years old so I decided to take the plung and go for the alternative with the offer of 8 cartridges for the price of 4. I dont know how the guarantees work for the printers as I bought a 3110 direct from a Ricoh dealer. My business is within their shop so it works out great for me.
    Would I recommend Sublisplash? I dont know as its too early to tell. As we know, some images print amazingly and others not so. Time will tell.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

Disky (28-08-2017), greenroom (08-09-2017), Justin (28-08-2017), matzy (28-08-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I think is early days to get reliable feedback yet.
    Whoever joined SubliSPlash is probably still on first set of carts. I can only tell you that my printer is still alive, heads not blocked and prints are sharp and vivid :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paul For This Useful Post:

Disky (01-09-2017), DyeSubSupplies (28-08-2017), Justin (28-08-2017)

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mr Gobby, just to clarify a couple of your points firstly yes there are customer services mon-fri 9-5 available in the UK at dye sublimation supplies just ask for Adam or tech support, also the door is always open on our demo suite if anyone is passing Carlisle and would like to check out the ink before purchasing.
    Regarding the warranty yes we only offer a One year warranty on the Ricoh printers however we have not had many issues with these printers and have sold a hell of a lot of them firstly with sawgrass ink and now sublisplash. We have not a problem print head wise since moving over to sublisplash ink there is an odd one that arrives doa which are obviously replaced.
    Our price on a Ricoh sg3110dn printer with 4 sublisplash carts and a pack of sublimation paper is £256.25 + vat is there any other supplier can get near that price?
    we are also exhibiting at the print show in October and will be showcasing the sublisplash ink there for anyone who is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-gobby View Post
    Sawgrass and their suppliers do have the history of good support and of course 2 year printer warranty when buying new and despite the cost I guess these are good benefits. The cost saving of sublisplash isn't substantial compared to other alternatives available unless your being offered a strong introductory deal. I've not seen any deals for new printers with these inks with 2 year warranty and not sure if they have uk offices for support or have many dealers yet but time will tell I guess as to whether they gain a foothold. For newcomers or those buying new the sawgrass 2 year warranty can seal the deal when spending these sums.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul, it's good to hear your printer and ink are still going well.
    Regarding people using the ink, yes there are lots still on the first set of carts however we do have a few customers who have already used multiple carts and one that I can think of that goes through a set every 2 weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I think is early days to get reliable feedback yet.
    Whoever joined SubliSPlash is probably still on first set of carts. I can only tell you that my printer is still alive, heads not blocked and prints are sharp and vivid :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi dss, good to hear you supporting sublisplash inks as a dealer, is it a harder job than sawgrass? My points related to 2 year warranties and whether Sublisplash themselves had their own uk office presence like sawgrass to provide direct support. These two things help sawgrass give newcomers and replacement printer buyers willing to spend the money that added comfort and reassurance compared to 1 year warranties and dealer only support. Yes to your question, there are others offering ricoh 3110 deals, Mdp for example do ricoh 3110 printers with sawgrass ink and a paper pack for £259+vat which comes with added bonus of a 2 year warranty. There are deals on SG400 sawgrass printers with two year warranties for £350+vat which are said to have a superior quality output setting available over a 3110 and the 3110 is supposedly discontinued which doesn't leave sublisplash a long term future direction other than being a post sawgrass set up alternative ink in a price competitive market. I'm a small sublimation user, I personally think both sawgrass and sublisplash are a bit overpriced and there are less costly alternative replacements however i can see added value in offering 2 year warranties on new equipment and providing manufacturers direct support. For new users or replacement printers the choice on offer isn't a vast one though. I'd add this isn't questioning anyones capabilities as dealers to support sublisplash or any other ink or product.
    Last edited by mr-gobby; 29-08-2017 at 11:01 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mr-gobby For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (29-08-2017)