Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Two lessons well learnt!
    By GM21 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-04-2017, 12:14 AM
  2. Lesson learnt
    By Earl Smith in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-02-2017, 12:32 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What have I learnt?

Hi all, it has been a lot of trial and heaps of error, from stuffing up colour management right down to sizing of the photos and dpi. Some things I have picked up along the way of stuff ups to huge hissy fits is this.

1: Always let the printer manage the colours and select the correct colour matching setting in PS.
    2: Always put a bit more saturation in the image than what is needed just to compensate any issues with printing.
    3: It is not always the paper or ink but it is sometimes the user being a noob.
    4: Always allow your mug to warm up for 15 to 20 seconds before putting the transfer on it so you get the best out come after it has sublimated.
    5: HOT MUGS ARE BLOODY HOT

I know better ink and paper will improve my prints but I am so excited to see where I came from a few weeks ago to where I am today. Thanks for all the help from this forum.

This was my first ever mug I made and trust me it looks worse in real life.
    This is a mug I did tonight, colours are stronger and the image is nice and somewhat sharp as it was taken on a mobile phone, this looks better in real life.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is not always the paper or ink but it is sometimes the user being a noob.

USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your bullet (1) "Always let the printer manage the colours and select the correct colour matching setting in PS" is not regarded as correct and certainly not in the professional world of printing. You need to have a custom ICC profile made and therefore your printer should NOT make any decisions. It should be down to your software e.g. Photoshop for colour handling and using a profile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Your bullet (1) "Always let the printer manage the colours and select the correct colour matching setting in PS" is not regarded as correct and certainly not in the professional world of printing. You need to have a custom ICC profile made and therefore your printer should NOT make any decisions. It should be down to your software e.g. Photoshop for colour handling and using a profile.
    As this was a trial I didn't really want to spend $600 on a custom ICC for inks that cost me AUD$40 for all 4 colours, I have spent a lot of time playing around with settings between PS and the printer and I found the best result I get for the ink I have is to let the printer manage it with no colour correction added to it in the print box. Sorry if I offended you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No offence taken but wanting to stipulate the correct way to go. A custom ICC should only cost around £25 ($55 Aussie dollars).

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I only agree with point 5. £25 will get you good colours and the correct set up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usename -That made me chuckle.
    Folks on here mean well, but often deliver constructive comments rather like a brick through a window!

Janners

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JMugs For This Useful Post:

Coops (21-08-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant disagree with number 5 :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Haha! I think what you have learnt is that there's still a hell of a lot to learn! We all start off with preconceived notions which rarely turn out to be the best method. However, it's also good to experiment and explore new ways of doing things. The learning never stops!