Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 08:00 AM
  2. printer recomendation t shirt transfers
    By 59viper in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-06-2015, 05:08 PM
  3. Transfer printer recomendation
    By 59viper in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 06:21 PM
  4. Alternat Printer Recomendation
    By Steve in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30-04-2015, 01:28 PM
  5. Polo Tops Recomendation
    By Bob @ Prestige in forum Clothing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-01-2015, 09:51 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dye sub printer recomendation

We currently use epson sylus pro 7890's but since they tend not too last forever under heavy use and it's getting harder and harder to find replacements, we are looking at different printer models to replace them.

We are a photo lab that for dye sub mostly print smaller hard substrate items(keychains, dogtags, ornaments,etc...). However we do also do larger size metal prints(mostly 8x10's and not larger then 15x18inchs) and soft substrate items such as mouse pads and beverage coolers.

I've been looking at the mutoh RJ900X, the sawgrass VJ628, and the epson F6200.
    However I have not been able to get a print sample back that matches the image quality of our 7890's.

The mutoh seems like it will definitely not give me the image quality that I'm looking for.

The sawgrass is pretty close to the image quality that I want but not quite there and seems like the ink cost would be high compered to the other options.

From what I've been told lately the epson f6200 should give the image quality that I want. The droplet size is supposed to be smaller than the mutoh or sawgrass and actually be comparable to the epson 7890. But the samples I have been getting back do not look very good as for as the image quality. I'm wondering if the people running the samples for me are just not using good settings?

Anyways if anyone has any info on the matter that would be very much appreciated, as I feel like I'm running around in circles trying to find a replacement printer for our 7890's.

Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've been using the VJ628 for some time. It's a reliable workhorse, personally I have been slightly disappointed with the print quality in comparison with my previous 9600.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an old 7600 that eventually died, then a 7890 that died after 13 months, print quality good. VJ print quality is not up to these, not even an epson 1500w! So haven't bought anything. My business did allow a shift though so I just avoided the hassle.

Not much help really but does give an indication of the print quality of the VJ.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    1500 is a great printer but I'd have to disagree that then print quality isn't as good. It all depends whats you're putting in but retype VJ doesn't suffer the same issues being a workhorse.

Only issue I ever have is if I leave off for 2 days+ I need a quick clean to clear the black cart, a known issue with SG. I left mine for 2 weeks and it still only needed a quick clean.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin
    Interesting to hear the VJ print quality is better than the 1500w, as you are aware my experience was the reverse and you saw the type of image I was printing. I can accept reliability wise that I have probably been lucky with my 1500w, it was bought after the 7890 packed up in a fit of anger, it has taken such a pounding without fault it's been silly and indeed beyond any reasonable expectations.

It's only fair to add that the VJ print quality was not poor at all, and I had to look closely to see the difference in detail. If Sawgrass have tweaked things and the VJ is now better than 1500w that is good news.

What ink set are you using? Quite a choice from Sawgrass.

I put the section of the business that needs wide format on the back burner, however if I had faith in another printer (the VJ perhaps?) I would be keen to revive it.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just looking at some specs for the mutoh rj900x vs our epson 7890's and it looks like the droplet size of the rj is smaller than the 7890(3.2 picoliters vs. 3.5 picoliters).
    Looks like they can both print at 2880 dpi.

To me that would mean that the rj would be able to print with equal or better image quality than the 7890.

Is there something that I'm missing that would account for the rj not being able to match the image quality of the 7890?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We now use an Epson SC-T3200 for sub. The SC-T's are definately worth a looksie if you haven't already.