Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. What machine do you have?
    By liannef in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 11:17 PM
  2. Need Help please! ST 3042 Machine
    By fuman3 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 25-06-2015, 01:07 PM
  3. Which 3D machine is right for me?
    By Stegosaurus in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-02-2014, 01:44 PM
  4. 3D Machine
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 31-01-2014, 12:36 AM
  5. A New Mug Machine?
    By JSR in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-12-2009, 10:12 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What machine should I use for this?

Hey, having recently started a personalisation business I have been researching into the different machines available for personalising products. Can anyone recommend a machine that can personalise the following items? I'm hoping that there is a machine that can be used for more than one item.

Names on pencils (looks like it has been pressed into it)
    Names/logo on pens (the ones that are given away by businesses)
    Coloured stickers (Inc stickers placed inside car windows)
    Wood engraving (e.g small plaques, coasters)
    Printing onto vinyl for t-shirts (colour images)

Any advice on what types of machines would be great.
    Sorry for the long question, I'm just looking at affordable machine to increase my product base.

Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Pad printer or flatbed UV printer, block foil printer
    2) Same as above
    3) Vinyl cutter or printer with a white ink channel
    4) Drag engraver or laser engraver
    6) Printer, type depends on vinyl being printed upon,

A small table top UV flatbed is an extremely versatile piece of kit, but if you mainly want to aim at clothing then a solvent machine, it depends on where you think the market is for your business
    Last edited by froggy; 27-08-2017 at 04:12 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to froggy For This Useful Post:

Coops (27-08-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the reply froggy, there is a lot to look into. Im still trying to find my feet with my business but am looking at ways to expand. I saw the BN-20 which looks great but still out my price range.

Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Personalisation business is very diverse. You can buy in services if you have the contacts willing to supply you. Your margins may not be as high but then neither is your investment or the amount of knowledge and experience to do something well. I'm always advised firstly to look at the payback time based on projected sales to guage whether it's worth buying from a financial aspect which is a very good tip to follow if cost is a major concern. If you see it as a long term investment from which to make a living or even an additional income the payback time can be extended to the average life of the equipment. Secondly consider the learning time, some are less than others, some require in depth knowledge and other a degree of creativity. Many require mastering some software package or other too. Trying to cover too much ground at once can lead to difficulties so perhaps build up at a steady pace in both knowledge and equipment. Pick something first that does the most things you want to achieve in the area of personalisation that you want start in. Keep in mind unit profit in pounds not only in percent and the amount of time required to achieve it as you want to make it pay on all levels.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mr-gobby For This Useful Post:

Coops (28-08-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I have enquiries for a particular product which I don't sell (which i currently have) then I try to out source it. My only problem is due to my lack of contacts it's quite hard to find someone who will charge a reasonable price as well as trustworthy.
    I totally understand what you say in regards to costs and return on investment with new machinery. I only sell vinyl t-shirts and I keep getting asked what other items I can produce so I want to expand. I would love to do screen printing but that is way too advance for me and the cost will far exceed my return for now. That's why I was looking into more affordable machines that I can utilise. I also want a machine like the Roland BN-20 as I could not only use this for t-shirts and produce colour images but I could also use it for other products. Again it's just the cost...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    If I have enquiries for a particular product which I don't sell (which i currently have) then I try to out source it. My only problem is due to my lack of contacts it's quite hard to find someone who will charge a reasonable price as well as trustworthy.
    You're in the right place :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I'm still learning, I don't know what is the right process to produce certain style t-shirts so it's difficult to ask and also who is able to help me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH most people on here would be more than willing to help you. I have used several members on here I have used and whenever I ask for help there are plenty willing. I am sure if you ask someone will be able to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you dont ask you dont get

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, let's give this a go