Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Quote please
    By xploreit in forum Screen Printing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2017, 02:05 PM
  2. Looking for a quote please?
    By Kaz in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-10-2015, 02:03 PM
  3. Help with quote please
    By Dave271069 in forum Clothing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-07-2013, 11:35 AM
  4. I need a quote, please.
    By Earl Smith in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 10:36 AM
  5. Quote
    By nwinks in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a quote...

Hi,

I'm looking for a quote for some Dye Sub transfers for use on standard 'Durham' style mugs.

The design will be very simple, single colour large black lettering. No graphics.

I would need a sample to be able to judge the quality, but am more than happy to pay the going rate via Paypal and up front.

This is not a scam to get a one off design done for free or on the cheap, the sample that I would supply would not be a commercial design, but would simply be a layout of random text to show just what the quality of your product is like.

If anyone is interested, please just PM me. I might not reply for a couple of days, as I am quite busy atm, but will respond to everyone who contacts me.

Cheers

Ozy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ozy,

I am sure someone a little more experienced will be a long shortly, but my thoughts would be

Testing the quality of someones ability to print Black lettering is pretty limited, issues that are likely to occur could be just as much about Time/Temp/Press Quality/Substrate Quality as they are about my printer, ink etc.

I mean, if you need someone to print you some black text on a piece of paper, drop me a PM i will do it free for you (single sheet costs next to nothing, as does the cost of a stamp), but many of the 'quality' issues you experience such as fading, poor colour reproduction etc can be just as much about the transfer process then the text i print.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    How many are you looking to print and will they be shipped to one address? Do you want 10oz Durhams?

With regards to print, it won't make any difference to cost if it's full colour or just black.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many time have we had people wanting to see the quality of sublimation print....... and how many times has the answer been the same...... P O

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteO View Post
    Hi Ozy,

I am sure someone a little more experienced will be a long shortly, but my thoughts would be

Testing the quality of someones ability to print Black lettering is pretty limited, issues that are likely to occur could be just as much about Time/Temp/Press Quality/Substrate Quality as they are about my printer, ink etc.

I mean, if you need someone to print you some black text on a piece of paper, drop me a PM i will do it free for you (single sheet costs next to nothing, as does the cost of a stamp), but many of the 'quality' issues you experience such as fading, poor colour reproduction etc can be just as much about the transfer process then the text i print.
    Hey Pete,

Thanks for taking time to post a helpful response. Yes, I can see now how those issues would have an impact on the end product. I'll drop you a PM within the next couple of days with some other details.

Cheers

Ozy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    How many are you looking to print and will they be shipped to one address? Do you want 10oz Durhams?

With regards to print, it won't make any difference to cost if it's full colour or just black.
    Hey Justin,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was just trying to see who was even interested, then I would have supplied further details once they had made contact. I was trying to avoid the sort of reply that I got from AfterMo, but I guess some people just can't help being that way.

Cheers

Ozy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArferMo View Post
    How many time have we had people wanting to see the quality of sublimation print....... and how many times has the answer been the same...... P O
    I don't know why don't you tell me...

One question though... Did you leave an ignorant response for all those others too?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We do outsourced production of transfers (As well as products) if you want to PM me details of what you're wanting (how many transfers) I can send pricing over

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope.... just get fed up with some people pulling a con time and time again the novelty tends to wear off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArferMo View Post
    Nope.... just get fed up with some people pulling a con time and time again the novelty tends to wear off.
    Pulling a con? How exactly did you think I was trying that? I don't understand how offering to pay for a sample, and not even one of a sell-able design, could be construed as 'pulling a con'?

I've just got an old Ricoh printer that's given up the ghost, and haven't got the money to buy a new one. I then thought getting someone else to print my designs would be a good compromise.

I'm not trying to con anyone, I thought I'd made that clear in my OP, or was it exactly that that made you think I was trying it on?

And telling someone to P O before you even know what they are really about? Was that really necessary?