Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Xpres Subliprint Premium paper
    By GoonerGary in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-08-2017, 06:16 PM
  2. Xpres Economy Sublimation Paper
    By Mark Clayton in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-12-2011, 07:45 PM
  3. Xpres Sublimation Paper - Save 10%
    By bms in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 07:19 PM
  4. Xpres Paper Sticking to Mugs
    By Stitch Up in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xpres paper and black

I am aware I am not the only person that has discovered that the Xpres paper has a problem with solid black. A residue from the paper (the top coat?) gets left on the mug. It will polish off but it isn't an extra task I want.
    I have just placed a new order for paper and gone back to trupix, essentially I want to print, cool, pack and post. Checking to see if a mug needs a polish isn't in my work schedule.

So who else has noticed this?

Janners

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What brand of mugs are you using, Janners?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Very interesting to see Xpres offering 'a range' of different papers. Seems to be an offering of old when different papers for different blanks was the order of the day.

SubliPrint Light, SubliPrint Universal, SubliPrint Thermal, Beaver Print XPHR....or Trupix! lol
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bubbleimages.
    I have access to 3 sets of mugs and the same result on all.

Janners

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What paper setting? Plain or Epson Matte etc?

Photo or Best Photo?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is through my ricoh so sawgrass inks with sawgrass powerdriver standard settings. I haven't used xpres paper in the other printer as it's profiled for different inks and paper.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Our new SubliPrint Premium has been profiled by Sawgrass for use with their Virtuoso Print Manager, Xpres Edition, when using a Sawgrass Virtuoso desktop printer.
    This will ensure that the optimum amount of ink is printed onto the paper depending upon the substrate being imaged, therefore not laying down excess ink where it is not needed.
    It will also print well with the Ricoh printers using a Sawgrass ICC profile or PowerDriver.

With regards to deep black and large areas of dark colours, it is essential to make sure that the ink is completely dry before pressing. It is not recommended to print and press instantly, instead leave the paper to dry for a few minutes. This should resolve any residue transferring with the dark ink onto hard substrates.

Our range of roll media for sublimation has been introduced for wider format printers (44"-64"), such as the Epson SC-F6200/7200/9200, Roland TexArt RT/XT640 and Mimaki TS300P-1800 / TS30-1300 that Xpres supply.

Our 90gsm Universal is recommended for a range of substrates, both textiles and hard surfaces.

The 70gsm Light is designed for textiles only, due to textiles absorbing less ink than hard substrates, there is no need for a heavier paper if less ink is being laid onto it. This works very well when using a Rotary / Calendar press rather than a flatbed heat press.

A tacky paper, such as Thermo 90gsm, is also recommended for textiles, especially when heat pressing rather than calendaring, as the heat activated adhesive helps to stop the polyester textile shrinking, in turn avoiding ghosting.

Finally, Beaver Paper is a 105gsm ChromaLuxe recommended paper, suitable for all purposes.

We have samples of the above papers available for testing - please call 01332 85 50 85 to arrange a sample or discuss further.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to XpresGrant For This Useful Post:

socialgiraffe (06-09-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi XpresGrant. The issue with black is not with the black drying but actually transferring to the wheels inside of the printer causing ink to be spread across the artwork and the next paper sheet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Totally agree with UK Printed Mugs. It's the ink transferring to the printer rollers and putting line down the print. We have reverted back to Trupix. We have 5 packs of Xpres paper sitting on the shelf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can someone post some picks of bad prints? I'd like to see if we all have the same problem with block colours.