Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Xpres Subliprint Premium paper
    By GoonerGary in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-08-2017, 06:16 PM
  2. Xpres Economy Sublimation Paper
    By Mark Clayton in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-12-2011, 07:45 PM
  3. Xpres Sublimation Paper - Save 10%
    By bms in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 07:19 PM
  4. Xpres Paper Sticking to Mugs
    By Stitch Up in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's much faster drying, but each mug is 20 seconds shorter pressing time with the Xpres paper. The only other possibility I can think of is paper curl causing the mess.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    It's much faster drying, but each mug is 20 seconds shorter pressing time with the Xpres paper. The only other possibility I can think of is paper curl causing the mess.
    Could well be paper curl as I have a box of A4 and A3+ and both are a little curled up on edges in the box before printing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's definitely not paper curl for me. The ink is transferring to the rollers and leaving a line of ink from the roller all down the page. We ditched it a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was having similar issues with a brand new Epson Workforce..finding black ink patches further down the print. But switching to an Epson 1500W for everything I've had no issues. Some printers are fussy.

I found out the original source of the Xpres 5517 paper. I'm finally Sawgrass free!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have just printed a batch of around 60-70 unisub placemats using the new premium Xpres paper with the grid on the back. As per their instructions, we have placed all of these placemats in a pile under a heavy weight to stop them from bowing. As they are recommended for either hot or cold release, we left the paper on them to prevent scratching whilst cooling.

These were left overnight and the next morning we removed the paper to find that all of them had the grids printed on them too!

It seems that the residual heat continued to sublimate the placemats. Has anyone else had this problem with either placemats or any other product?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I was always under the impression that sublimation paper had to be removed as soon as possible to stop the sublimation process and hence produce sharper prints. Some even dunk the mugs in ater to stop them sublimating.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree but given the fact that we have to stack these with a heavy weight, the paper protects the surfaces from scratching. It's something we have always done with the placemats and have never had a problem up to now. Also, Xpres do say that they can be hot or cold release.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was always under the impression that sublimation paper had to be removed as soon as possible to stop the sublimation process
    Nope, depends on your set up and temperature.

I did explain this at length on another thread (which you possibly are not subscribed to), but the bottom line is that if you have the "sweet" spot set perfectly then whether its an oven or a mug press then the mug should "stop" printing after about 5 seconds from removal.

I regularly leave my mugs wrapped and in their green wraps, especially if it is the last 24 from an oven (I will wait until they are cold enough to touch without gloves). and there is no difference between them and the first batch which are removed straight away.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys. I nearly ordered some yesterday from xpres as they had 30% off but decided not to after reading this thread. I've never used xpres sublimation paper before and was tempted at the price yesterday but re ordered dye sub magic paper as never had issues with it. thanks again guys