Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Printable area of paper differs in MAC and Windows
    By barryslip in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-04-2013, 08:27 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 08:31 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-08-2012, 08:57 AM
  4. Image area coverage
    By macgregorphotography in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 09:31 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-02-2011, 08:39 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Image is larger than the paper's printable area, some clipping will occur...

Hi all

I'm using a Ricoh 3310 and i'm trying to print an 8x10inch image on a4 paper. it should fit, but i get this message 'Image is larger than the paper's printable area, some clipping will occur' so it is printing it just less than 8inches across.

how do i get around this??

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that this is much help but I get this all the time when printing, I just hit proceed and it prints perfectly, nothing is shrunk or outside the printing area. Have you tried printing anyway to see what happens?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i did print it anyway, and i measured it and thought it was under the 8 inches... i have a head cold and clearly it's affecting me as it wasn't under 8 inches, lmao!! not unless the photo panel is not 8 inches wide!! but it fitted and i have already heat pressed it and it looks awesome

i don't know why i am getting the message, it doesn't do it on other printers, just the Ricoh. read online that it was a printer issue, and changing the paper size to the right size in the printer properties fixes it, but it's all set to a4, so i've no idea... i will just tick the box to hide the dialogue box next time!!

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get it with my Epson but thought it might have something to do with photoshop. I find it annoying as I get it most times. My settings are for A4, I tried checking the margins when printing but don't get anything coming up so I just hit proceed. I don't think I have the option to turn off the message but I'll look closer next time

I've googled it now and maybe found a solution for Photoshop. I've never googled it before simply because the pc the printer is set up with has no internet access but with you asking this I could simply copy and paste instead of typing it in lol how lazy is that haha

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it works, let us know!!

i think i've used my macbook with 5 other printers and never had the error message. i did get it at uni a few times, but that was never an issue, like it could be now.

it's set up for no borders, as well. unless that is the issue, in a silly round about way!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The Ricoh 3110 does not print borderlesss, you will always have margins. On an A4 sheet, an 8"x10" image will have borders of approx 1/8" on the long sides.

To have any chance of printing this size image on a Ricoh 3110 you will need to set your printer driver to 'Maximum print area' in the 'Edit' tab of the driver. In Photoshop, make sure the print dialogue does not have 'Scale to fit media' checked.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scale to fit paper is not checked, so that's one thing down! just need to find the printer driver. i'm on a mac and am not sure where to find that info.

thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    By printer driver I mean your printer settings, accessible from Photoshop's Print dialogue box, or any program that prints.