Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. SG 3110dn installation problem
    By pamela in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2016, 10:35 AM
  2. ICC installation and its use
    By JMugs in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-09-2013, 03:02 PM
  3. Epson Printer Head Clogged. Need advice on quick fix please?
    By mysticalvibes in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-04-2012, 04:44 PM
  4. Head cleans
    By purpledragon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 12:05 PM
  5. Printer Head Cleaning
    By NASH in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-04-2010, 02:04 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Printer installation head cleans

I've purchased a new Epson workforce printer, however this one wouldn't let me install the printer without using the genuine Epson ink installation cartridges. I've done about 10 head cleans to get rid of the ink to try and get my sub ink though, but no signs yet! How many cleans are required?
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 05-09-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Watching with interest, I've just set up a new Epson myself today. I used the carts that came with it...maybe I didn't need to :-( Put my refil carts in and cyan not giving a clean pattern.

I've done the usual 3 cleans, printed a full page etc. Best to switch off and leave overnight.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've purchased a new Epson workforce printer, however this one wouldn't let me install the printer without using the genuine Epson ink installation cartridges. I've done about 10 head cleans to get rid of the ink to try and get my sub ink though, but no signs yet! How many cleans are required?
    Have you taken the travel plugs out I've got a WF 2510 and as soon as I put the refillable carts in it worked straight away,the only problem I've had is when I refill it doesn't reset the chips so I've had to buy a chip re-setter,it still tells me I haven't got genuine ink occasionally but I just click carry on and get no problems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The printer works fine, it's printing with my refill carts, but it's taking a long time for the sub ink to appear after the initial charging. It wanted the Epson carts to "set the ink levels" I hope it didn't dump all of the genuine ink inside into a reservoir!

As a side issue, this new printer is constantly bugging me about genuine carts, I click continue and it lets me print. It's a either a Windows 10 thing or because I print through a network rather than USB. I never had genuine Epson nag screens on Win 7/ USB.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm renaming it cyanide. My last printer died due to a damaged cyan print head, the cyan cart was never recognised by the printer. Even the new cyan cart decided to leak out the front messing up all the other carts.

That whole switch off, leave overnight (4 times) did't help my last printer, perhaps this new printer needs it's big start up to flush things out?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use mine with usb lead as I found it faster than wi-fi

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've got a decent Ethernet for the network so decent speed and can print through different computers.

Finally got my ink through! 30 odd purge sheets printed and as many head cleans, and about 12 replace cartridge nags.