Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Beer Stein Mockup
    By Themugbox in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-08-2016, 01:39 PM
  2. Posting Glass items..Wine Glass, Glass photo pannels.
    By Ravisteam in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-10-2015, 10:39 AM
  3. Beer Stein Suppliers
    By Themugbox in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2015, 05:14 PM
  4. Beer Stein Nightmares help please
    By MREDD in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2015, 12:36 AM
  5. Beer Stein
    By dougdesigns in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 09:15 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glass mug and Stein

Hi guys,

I've tried a glass mug and a glass stein in my Galaxy Mug press now, they fit fine but the result wasn't perfect. Towards the bottom of the image, the colour is slightly faded. I'll see if I can upload a picture later on. The stein was from Subliblanks, was pressed at the recommended 180 degrees, 60 seconds and medium pressure. Usually with my ceramic mugs I dunk them in Luke warm water to cool them however don't think it would be a good idea to do it with glass. Would it be better to use a silicone wrap? Any help would be appreciated many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you will need to pre heat for a long time to get enough heat into the base while actually sublimating
    its the massive glass bottom that is sucking the heat out of your press and transfere.
    Increase time too ?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff thanks matey I'll give it a go

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike

Apologies for hijacking your thread!

Its just possible that you could do me a mega favour!

I have a client who wants some steins printing he isn't too fussy about the shape but wants to know how much they hold and at the moment the Subliblanks seem to be finding it difficult to tell me what the volume of the stein is! Would you be able to measure the contents of one please? Doesn't need to be mega accurate - minimum requirement is that I just need to know if they hold more than a pint - if i could get an accurate measurement it would be brilliant but not essential - and no, they are not for trade use ie selling beer in, so they don't need to be certified legal for trade.

And regards your fading problem - just as logobear said that stein will require a lot of pre warming - standard practice in the forum seems to be the Andrew James Teppanyaki grill (used on its lowest setting) its available in 2 or 3 sizes - google it and watch out for the prices! However I suspect that would struggle to warm a stein evenly in a reasonable time and would be inclined to try putting an inch of very hot water from a kettle in the stein - don't get any water on the outside, you don't want any limescale finding its way into the coating when you press it , swish the hot water around until the whole stein is warm then when you have dried it out, put it on the teppanyaki grill upside down to warm the rim. When you have a batch on the hotplate put your transfers on and turn them onto their bases just to make sure they haven't cooled down. If you are printing anywhere near the handle you will need to make sure that the hot water has warmed that up as well. Handles act like little radiators on the sides of mugs with the mass of the ceramic pulling heat out of the surrounding area and given that they have quite a large surface area they dissipate the heat quite nicely.

regards

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Arthur, thanks for the advice! I will give that a go in the next few days when I get round to it again.

As for the stein, all I have with me at the minute is a 750ml empty plastic bottle. Filling the stein up to the brim with water and then transferring to the bottle leaves it about two thirds full, around 500ml, so less than 1 pint. Upon just looking at the stein beforehand I'd have said it was less than a pint anyway, so this kind of confirmed it for me. Hope this helps pal!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mike
    Thanks for doing that for me - much appreciated. I was afraid it would be less than a pint. My client ideally wants 22ozs :o(

Looks like its time to start the search again.

regards

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 oz is the pint one so 22 oz is just over the pint Coralgragh do the 22 oz size

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Reg

I have looked at the Coralgraph 22oz stein and am waiting for them to come back to me regarding the coating - is it dishwasher safe, I figure that if they don't say it is then it almost certainly isn't. I was rather hoping to do better than five quid a pop as well - the subliblanks one is well priced at £3.29 each (IIRC) but is just too small - unless I can persuade the client otherwise.

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Arthur
    The only other ones I've used are the BMS ones but they are only 1/2 lt and the price is near the 22 oz ones,I've never done a lot of them but I've never had any complaints about fading although I'm not sure how they get washed.
    Reg