Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Postage
    By Mugshots in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 31-12-2017, 01:16 PM
  2. VAT on Postage
    By ferret in forum Clothing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-09-2015, 06:57 PM
  3. Supplier postage
    By Mattie in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 10:17 AM
  4. Postage & VAT?
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-11-2011, 10:02 PM
  5. Free - postage only
    By Karen. in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-01-2010, 07:01 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DMO and unpaid postage?

Just had a message from a customer to say they have to go and get their parcel, there is a fee to pay due to unpaid postage. However I use DMO and it's on the system, anybody else had this?

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a PPI and I had a customer leave a neg on fleebay to say I hadn't put correct postage on and they had to pay a surchrge. But when I asked them for proff, so I could refund them, there was no reply, so not sur eif it was true or not.

My main problem is Royal Mail delivering back to me th epackets I sent out, instead of to the customer. The excuse from RM is that the return addess, which is on the back of the packet, is too big? Hum, funny isn't it that the delivery person cannot tellthe difference between 'Post to' and 'From'. I did suggest that they get the delivery perple glasses!!

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tend to send apologies, request they pay, and then ask they forward a copy of the receipt for payment along with a picture of the parcel, explaining we needed the receipt to process the refund for the books.

The purpose of the picture is to claim against royal mail for incorrect additional charge (i used to always take to the PO and if they measure or weigh it wrong that is their issue not mine, its why i insisted they print the stamps rather use up what ever is in their books, as anyone could have put wrong postage on at this stage), or if the label i had attached had come away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No chance of the PPI label coming off, because if it did the packet wouldn't be delivered, the address and the PPI impression are on the same label!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteO View Post
    We tend to send apologies, request they pay, and then ask they forward a copy of the receipt for payment along with a picture of the parcel, explaining we needed the receipt to process the refund for the books.

The purpose of the picture is to claim against royal mail for incorrect additional charge (i used to always take to the PO and if they measure or weigh it wrong that is their issue not mine, its why i insisted they print the stamps rather use up what ever is in their books, as anyone could have put wrong postage on at this stage), or if the label i had attached had come away.
    Would point out to them that the to address is usually the one shown the same side as the postage mark???? Are they charging you to resend in these instances?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry James, was describing the scenario when i was taking to PO, and the Address and Postage were separate labels,

If using a service where Postage and Address are one, then i would agree the second stage would not be required. But would still request a copy of receipt for payment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect the customer is telling the truth as the Tracking on DMO isn't showing it is delivered, so it probably is at the sorting office. Given the volume I send hiccups are rare but when they do happen they are always of the nature that makes me go "Really...How?"

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I had to pay again at the time to re-send the items.

But I raised merry hell about it and eventually got a credit to my account.

Still cannot understand how the label on the back, whci says FROM, is too big, and that the delivery person cannot understand that he/she is delivering it wrongly. When I contacted RM, they said that it is because it is all automated and that the mail goes into a drum, like a tumble dryer, and that it is not sorted by hand, ok, buy that, but what about the end where it is sorted for the delivery person, that must be done by hand!

Mind you, the delivery person leave mail for our local Youth Club at the Community Centre, and then walks past a rather large blue post box for the Youth Club to do the rest of his rounds!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outcome was RM confused themselves!
    No postage owing, customer happy.

Janners