Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Pressing two trasnfers close together
    By Greybeard in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-03-2015, 11:46 PM
  2. Which mug press sublimates closest to the handle
    By ArferMo in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-02-2015, 03:42 PM
  3. help! subklimating can/stubby coolers, mug press doesnt close
    By chucky in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-05-2013, 06:15 AM
  4. close to.......
    By bigj2552 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 09:49 PM
  5. printing close to the handle
    By SJL in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug press how close to the handle.

Hi was wondering if anyone can tell me a mug press that prints up to the handle. I use a Galaxy double press and ive had no issues with it whatsoever. But still have 15 to 20mm space from the handle to the print either side. Sometimes it lets down the overall appearance of the mug and if I push my luck and put a print closer to the handle, this increases the chance of the print been faded. I have found however that if I fully tape the print at the side of the handle that its beneficial to the print. But even doing this doesn't let me get close to the handle although the heat sleeve goes up to the handle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi Louise. I've had the same problems myself with 2 different mug presses (admittedly not expensive ones, but otherwise ok), and eventually settled on using silicone oven wraps instead of a mug press whenever I needed a full image print. With the silicone wraps I can print top to bottom and to within 8mm or less to the handle and achieve perfect prints with sharp edges and no fading.

I don't think it's necessarily the wraps themselves that allow this, but rather the fact that, in an oven, the handle and base of the mug also receive a high temperature and are therefore less likely to act as heat sinks, drawing the heat away from the edges of the print and causing fading.

They're cheap enough to buy and try so why not give them a whirl? I got my latest ones from ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11OZ-3D-Su...3D182641088058

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Hi Louise. I've had the same problems myself with 2 different mug presses (admittedly not expensive ones, but otherwise ok), and eventually settled on using silicone oven wraps instead of a mug press whenever I needed a full image print. With the silicone wraps I can print top to bottom and to within 8mm or less to the handle and achieve perfect prints with sharp edges and no fading.

I don't think it's necessarily the wraps themselves that allow this, but rather the fact that, in an oven, the handle and base of the mug also receive a high temperature and are therefore less likely to act as heat sinks, drawing the heat away from the edges of the print and causing fading.

They're cheap enough to buy and try so why not give them a whirl? I got my latest ones from ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11OZ-3D-Su...3D182641088058
    Oh right thanks for that ill look into it. I Am always trying to improve my mugs and this is one area id really like to make better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is the limitation with a mug press, only thing you can really do to help a little is to leave a 5mm gap at the top and bottom of the mug print, this works well with the handle gaps. if you print full top to bottom it makes the gaps look worse :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the price, the Galaxy pro press is a shockingly poor machine for printing close to the handle i'm afraid Louise, I would say that 22mm is your safe point for consistent results.

Use temperature 180oc for 180 seconds, if you are still getting poor results, lower your temperature to around 165 and press for around 400 seconds. You should see better results overall.

For around 15mm to the handle, I highly recommend the DF1 from BMS :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heat wraps and ovens - heat wraps must VERY tight so forget using an 10oz / 11oz heat wrap on a 10oz mug - you'll get close to the handle area easily however image across the board will not be as crisp as a mug press.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by technick View Post
    Heat wraps and ovens - heat wraps must VERY tight so forget using an 10oz / 11oz heat wrap on a 10oz mug - you'll get close to the handle area easily however image across the board will not be as crisp as a mug press.
    That's interesting because I use 11oz silicone mug wraps on Listawood 10oz mugs and they fit very tightly. The resulting prints are always as sharp as anything I've produced on either of my mug presses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be wrong but think the Xpres mugs (which i am using) are slightly smaller in size compared to the Lisatwood 10oz

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's interesting because I use 11oz silicone mug wraps on Listawood 10oz mugs and they fit very tightly. The resulting prints are always as sharp as anything I've produced on either of my mug presses.
    Same here and I purchase exactly the same mugs and exactly the same wraps. Always crisp and sharp and never any complaints.

They often say 11oz when they will fit 10oz as well.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the same wraps for both and ive never had a problem in that respect......lots of other problems but not that one LOL