Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ebay and photo's attached to ebay messages
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-11-2015, 09:13 PM
  2. Ebay - yet again
    By arthur.daley in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-04-2015, 03:26 PM
  3. ebay .....
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
  4. The eBay Way...
    By Lee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 05:32 PM
  5. ebay ink
    By rossikey in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 11:06 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay and copywright ??

I'm on the fence on whether to get all the equipment needed to start pressing some t-shirts, I know there are copyright rules but I've been seeing lots of sellers on Ebay selling Minecraft, Call of duty, Superman.......... Is this allowed?? Can I just copy and press a logo such as Suzuki and sell them on Ebay without breaking any laws?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The short answer is no and definitely don't use the Suzuki logo I tried to get in with a Suzuki club and it was a definite no no.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lots of threads about the subject, type it into the search bar at the top right of the page, and you should have a hot mug of coffee and a comfy chair :)
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sat in front of the laptop trying to find a straight answer for hour's, I just get confused😁
    I've contacted a few of the seller's and they're just answering like a politician? It's their fan made designs apparently - can they do that? Sorry for asking so much but I'd like to get all the equipment and get started - just don't want to break any laws. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You cannot use famous logos or trademarks without permission. You won't get permission.

The only two sites you need to read:

http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/copyright

https://www.gov.uk/copyright

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have a look later, thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless things have changed dramatically since I last looked into this when I started out over 15 years ago the law in this country may allow the complainant to have your stock seized by trading standards or some other body and may be able to stop you trading. The problem arises that the stock they take almost certainly won't cover the costs of the operation and would not stop your sister, brother, aunt or best mate from picking up where you left off but using a different name!

However, in the USA they have a different way of doing it. You nick an image, lets say of a famous popstar, and put it on a single product and you stand to get a lawsuit for a $1,000,000 dollars on your doormat that you are obligated to defend!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZYMAN View Post
    I'm on the fence on whether to get all the equipment needed to start pressing some t-shirts, I know there are copyright rules but I've been seeing lots of sellers on Ebay selling Minecraft, Call of duty, Superman.......... Is this allowed?? Can I just copy and press a logo such as Suzuki and sell them on Ebay without breaking any laws?
    As we have no idea as to your background in this business one might ask: If you need to ask about copyright law, especially with the more established corporate brands, if you are completely new to the arena? If so might I suggest you don't waste your money and time because the stuff on ebay et al will (if you use it as a yardstick with regard to making a profit) ensure you go bust in minutes.