Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Any thoughts re Happy Voyager and PR1000e?
    By liannef in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-04-2017, 11:46 AM
  2. Any comments or advice on my equipment thoughts... thanks.
    By kevdsn in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 24-03-2014, 06:38 PM
  3. Your thoughts on this please?
    By Dave271069 in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26-03-2013, 02:18 PM
  4. Ralawise catalogue your thoughts
    By jennywren in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15-05-2012, 10:27 PM
  5. Review System - Your thoughts?
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-11-2010, 06:07 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Bus advertising... any thoughts?

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried advertising their business on buses, or have bought products or services as a direct result of an advertisement on a bus.

I've no idea of the cost of this kind of advertising, but it seems to me that it hits a wide audience, from all walks of life, some of whom are regular travellers and many of whom travel on an 'as and when required' basis. So, you could be advertising to clothes shoppers, gift shoppers, tourists, workers and other business owners who may be looking for workwear with their corporate logo, or promotional items.

The regulars may see your ad nearly every day, if it's inside the bus, which can't be a bad thing.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can cost a lot of money, if you are considering back/side of the bus positions. Might be effective if you have a good local bus company who operate in your immediate area. If not you could be paying for advertising on a route that goes mile out of your area, and will be competing for space with some very large ad campaigns.
    Interior adverts can be cheaper, but again you would want to be on a busy commuter route for it to be effective.
    As with any advertising it takes time for any benefit to filter through to your turnover.

If you have a good local radio station - the kind that gets listened to in every office and workplace - look into advertising with them. It will probably be cheaper ( but never cheap).

Go to your local reference library and ask if they have a copy of BRAD ( British Rates and Data). It will give you the rates for all bus,radio, train, taxi and press advertising in your area.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twenty years ago my previous company purchased an add which sat above and along the side windows of a bus - it cost £3000 then, don't know what it would be now. I didn't think it was all that successful to be honest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ah well, so much for that idea then! I just thought it would provide better returns than the poor returns obtained via websites and social media.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As you said, the bus audience is VERY broad, and so you are effectively broadcasting to all and sundry - how can you effectively communicate to such a broad mix of demographics effectively and economically, different demographics are going to want different product types- some are going to want wedding photos on 1 mug, others are going to be businesses wanting 100 polo shirts embroidering - to be effective you need to target your niches with the right products in the right way - figuring out social media advertising where you can really target very tight niches with specific adverts for each market type, this way you will spend the money only on your ideal/target/usual customer.