Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. I can't compete with that!
    By harlequeen in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 09:10 AM
  2. workwear prices - how to compete
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-05-2012, 11:16 PM
  3. How do you compete with this?
    By alanw15 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoeniximages View Post
    YOU WON'T BLOODY BELIEVE THIS - I actually hope I'm wrong about this otherwise i'm gonna be properly pissed.

So didn't end up getting a chance to do this last night but checked this morning who the websites that are selling super cheap are registered to...

now this is where it gets interesting...i've attached a screen grab of the that ego prints one - look who the bloomin owner is - karl brydges!! now i might be an idiot but i swear to god that's chris from subliblanks brother????!

so wait a minute i'm buying my blanks from subliblanks at whatever price and then he's supplying his brother to set a ridiculously low price with discounts, free delivery and all that and compete with us - probably getting it all at cost price no doubt??!!

someone please correct me if i'm wrong but this stinks to high heaven...suppliers eh!?

Peter
    Same surname, similar postcode, similar business.

https://www.whois.com/whois/subliblanks.com

https://www.whois.com/whois/egoprints.co.uk
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 12-10-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great John Ruskin quote:
    “There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price alone are that person’s lawful prey. It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money — that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot — it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better."
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

calvinabc (14-10-2017), Earl Smith (13-10-2017), Lucifax (26-10-2017), Maidiniceland (20-10-2017), socialgiraffe (13-10-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    Great John Ruskin quote:
    “There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price alone are that person’s lawful prey. It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money — that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot — it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better."
    My local market fruit and veg man summed it up quiet nicely when he ordered some good quality aprons from me with his logo embroidered on them. " Buying cheap is always more expensive in the end". I wish all my customers thought that way....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post

i told chris from subliblank to shove his business and products many months ago, because he kept changing the goal posts regrading stock , and delivery times, but this is another thing altogether .

loneforte are still at it on amazon driving prices down on "some" of our best sellers....really makes me wonder "why" these people do this, as the margins are slim anyhoo, and to keep bringing prices down to obviously stupid levels, make no business sense what so ever, other than to shaft the other guy selling on same listing, so he piss's off, then they raise prices....great business ideology in practical terms, but piss poor as most of the other sellers he prob sells trade stuff to ( not me may i add )

again, WHY would any company bringing in decent cash from there "trade" sublimation business, be even bothered with a price war on £2.95 flippin wood coasters beggars belief, as longforte is with us, and other sellers on amazon at the moment - stupid a$$

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This scenario just serves to reinforce my philosophy that selling most sublimation products on online marketplaces is a waste of time. If you want to earn get your coat on and go out and sell, use the internet to generate leads through social media etc. Too many sellers pushing down prices. Its gonna get tougher before it gets better

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to froggy For This Useful Post:

bigj2552 (13-10-2017), Earl Smith (13-10-2017), GoonerGary (14-10-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    i told chris from subliblank to shove his business and products many months ago, because he kept changing the goal posts regrading stock , and delivery times, but this is another thing altogether .
    i personally buy my stuff from all the suppliers apart from subliblanks as they strung a lot of us out to dry last xmas when they took money for orders, ran out of stock, then told us weeks later before going on holiday they were out of stock. yeah cheers mate.

the guys at bms, longforte and so on have always been really good to me. i pick up the phone, they deal with me like gentlemen and always have the stock when i need it and have saved my a$$ more than once with emergency deliveries.

On top of all that nonsense, more investigating into this i've found out that karl (chris's brother from subliblanks) also has a sublimation blanks website being set up no doubt in partnership with his brother so that they can compete with us even more. you can see it here: http://gosublimation.co.uk/.

i've never felt i am competing against a supplier but coupled with their bad attitude, lack of response and now this new discovery subliblanks is way worse in my eyes than anyone else.

Peter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I buy my smash proof boxes from subliblanks...they are really smart looking, clean white finish and strong. But based on what you said I should look for a back up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The simple answer is 'you don't'. Just do your own thing and let the minimalist margin/crap product guys go their own way.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RogerC For This Useful Post:

bigj2552 (20-10-2017), Customprintwales (19-10-2017), Earl Smith (19-10-2017)