Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. MDP colour Activ laser garment transfer paper
    By Coops in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2017, 11:40 AM
  2.  Which Heat Transfer paper can you recommend? Plastisol - Laser - Sublimation
    By Maidiniceland in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Last Post: 16-05-2016, 04:19 PM
  3. Best value laser transfer paper (no silicon fuser) for high volume?
    By logobear in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Last Post: 23-04-2014, 01:55 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 08:31 PM
  5. laser transfer paper
    By TonyM in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 30-05-2012, 08:40 AM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ceramic Coasters and Laser Transfer paper printing problems

Hi everyone, appreciate any help you can offer this newbie to sublimation printing.
    I am using TitanX Laser transfer paper onto ceramic coasters. The heat press is a Galaxy model (new) I pressed with - baking sheet/coaster/baking sheet/silicone mat - for 180 secs at 1900 C.
    I have tried to ensure that the paper is dry and coaster slightly warm (attempt to ensure no moisture).
    I do not seem to be able to get a consistant print across the whole coaster as you can see from the picture.
    I am ruling out the paper as the result in the rest of the coaster is ok and have tried different areas on the press (15" square platten) I am only doing one at a time as new to this and trying not to waste too many coasters!
    I am veering towards uneven pressure or a problem with the coasters themselves but with my lack of experience with this type of printing am not sure and therefore would ask for your comments.
    TIA

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi John

This might not be want you want to hear and I will try and be as diplomatic as I can.

It might be that you do not get too many responses due to the supplier of the laser paper, that is purely speculation and you can search around and find out most reasons why this is the case so I will not elaborate.

Having said that, why are you using laser paper to print on coasters? Would it not be better to dye sub? It will be a better finish and a far superior product.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi socialgiraffe,
    I am using laser paper as I already have a suitable high quality laser printer and this seemed the way to go without the expense of yet another printer, which probably is not compatible with the Linux operating system I use for all my work.