Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Hello from Northern Ireland
    By Digital Designs in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-02-2017, 06:56 PM
  2. Greetings from Northern Ireland
    By Omega in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-10-2016, 03:43 PM
  3. Hi from Northern Ireland
    By ryanmontgomery in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2015, 12:00 AM
  4. Hi, New From Ireland
    By coolkidirish in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-10-2012, 09:09 AM
  5. Hi From Northern Ireland
    By Glen in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-01-2010, 08:33 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Hi everyone from Northern Ireland

Hi folks, newbie here sussing out some best practices from the experts! I have an up and running Sawgrass SG400 / Galaxy Pro V2 mug press in with a Galaxy auto open slide heat press 16" x 20" waiting to be powered up for first use.

I also have an Epson 1500W which I intended to use with dye ink which I have, but have just been put off using dye ink in a tee shirt forum in favour of pigment ink. Not a sublimation issue I know, just for info.

Still testing the water to a degree, getting geared up for 2018!
    Epson 1500W (pigment) / Sawgrass SG400 (sublimation) / Galaxy 16x20 auto open slide heat press / Galaxy V2 Pro mug press - Northern Ireland

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi there and welcome to the forum. 1500W is a fine printer for sublimation :-)

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin and thanks!

Sorry I didn't explain that properly, I'm using the SG400 for sublimation and I intended to use the Epson for printing onto 100% cotton tees using Jet Pro Soft Stretch transfer paper, hence it not being a sublimation issue. The Epson / dye ink combo was recommended but I've since read a lot that the dye ink isn't as durable as pigment inks when it comes to cotton product. I'm now in a dilemma, keep the Epson but change to pigment ink (which I believe they are not really designed for) or bite the bullet and buy another new printer intended for pigment ink. Still researching at the moment, as it's a new business I can't afford to cock it up.

Paul.
    Epson 1500W (pigment) / Sawgrass SG400 (sublimation) / Galaxy 16x20 auto open slide heat press / Galaxy V2 Pro mug press - Northern Ireland

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul. JPSS paper also works fine with sublimation inks and should give a longer-lasting print. I've used it this way on canvas tote bags and a few tees.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Hi Paul. JPSS paper also works fine with sublimation inks and should give a longer-lasting print. I've used it this way on canvas tote bags and a few tees.
    Hiya, thanks yep I'll probably be doing a percentage of sublimation tees using the SG400 A4 as well as the A3 prints using the Epson for cotton tees. Just sourcing pigment inks for it as opposed to the dyes for durability, probably going for a set of Cobra pigments unless I'm advised otherwise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy327 View Post
    Hiya, thanks yep I'll probably be doing a percentage of sublimation tees using the SG400 A4 as well as the A3 prints using the Epson for cotton tees. Just sourcing pigment inks for it as opposed to the dyes for durability, probably going for a set of Cobra pigments unless I'm advised otherwise.
    Actually, what I was trying to say was that you can use the JPSS paper to do sublimation prints on cotton tees as it has a polyester backing to act as a sublimation coating.

So, no need for dye or pigment inks for the Epson!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok I get you, sorry I misunderstood. I'll still need the pigment inks though for the Epson for the larger A3 size prints, the SG400 is only A4. And I have other ideas for the A3 size print too .