Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Sublimation equipment for sale. Printer/flat press/mug press
    By enkaFG in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-07-2016, 10:09 PM
  2. Magic Touch / Adkins Swing press A3 press
    By JMugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-10-2015, 02:12 PM
  3. Ricoh 3300, flat press, mug press complete setup
    By Titan Print Studio in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-12-2012, 12:06 PM
  4. For Sale SENKO CAP PRESS plus plate press and newstar 40 vinyl plotter cutter
    By letsgo in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-10-2012, 12:07 PM
  5. Wanted plate press - latte press- vinyl cutter wanted
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Mug Press?

Hi everyone,

I've been printing using vinyl and laser transfer for a while now and finally just getting into sublimation. I have a Ricoh3110. After seeing the initial test prints all over a polyester t-shirt (and a mouse mat I had lying around) I'm exited about starting to print mugs which is an area I'd really like to get into.

Having gone through the usual initial rituals of 'trials', 'errors', 'mistakes' of heat pressing and transfer printing, this time, for mug pressing I am 'attempting' to buy the right equipment from the outset this time!!

I was hoping some people could give me a bit of guidance from their experience :)

I have spent a long time working through the threads on this forum which has been so helpful. I understand it's best to get the best mugs, paper, ink and a reputable mug press. The Adkins mug press seems to be the press of choice although it is a lot more expensive and initially I won't be doing a lot of mugs to warrant the expense. I have made of the list of mug presses I have seen mentioned and recommended so far:

• GalaxyPro V2 from Subliblanks
    • Genie III Mug Press from Listawood (with 10% off members discount!)
    • DF1+ Genius Mug Press from BMS
    • ARC Mug Press from The magic Touch

They are all fairly similar in price around the £240 mark apart from the BMS press which is £180

Has anyone got any experience of any of these and can recommend any particular ones?

I get the impression that the mugs from Listawood and BMS are very good so one of my theories is that buy the press and mugs from the same supplier and there is more chance that I will get good results much quicker.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give! :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    By all means buy a good printer, inks and paper, but don't underestimate the results that can easily be obtained by using an oven (your kitchen oven will do initially), and silicone mug wraps at around £4 each from ebay, before lashing out good money money on a mug press. You'll be impressed, believe me.

As for mugs, use your premium membership of the forum to your advantage and get discount on the excellent mugs from Listawood.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks WebTrekker. Ovens are certainly something that I hadn’t considered. I’m not sure if that method would suit my set up as well but I might get a wrap to give it a go though. I’ll definitely take your advice on buying the mugs too.

Has anyone else had any experience of any of the above mug presses? I’d just like to hear if anyone uses a particular one and is happy with it.

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good Afternoon, You will receive excellent results using our Genie III Mug Press, if you require any further information, please do not hesitate in contacting us.
    Alternatively you can visit our website www.listawoodtradesupplies.com to view our full product range and good luck.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has anyone else had any experience of any of the above mug presses? I’d just like to hear if anyone uses a particular one and is happy with it.
    Had experience with three out of the four and I would say my personal preference is the Genie III, its considerably quicker than the others, well made and backed up by a decent company. Although to be fair, all of the mentioned presses are sold by reputable suppliers.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your help and advice. The Genie III from Listawood arrived this morning! I'm looking forward to getting started. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SussexShirts View Post
    Thank you all for your help and advice. The Genie III from Listawood arrived this morning! I'm looking forward to getting started. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again :)
    Hi i am looking mug press as well, will produce at least 200 pcs per day. i wonder that how did you find the genie III so far?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cigilgan,

The Genie III has worked very well for me. A very sturdy bit of kit and simple to use. I am using Listawood mugs as well and the only issue I had initially was the bottom of the cups not printing well but I solved this but turning the idle temp right down to 130 and then letting the press come up to temp of 170 with the mug in it. Other than that I'm using all standard times and temps in the manual and getting great results.

I'm not exactly doing 200 mugs a day though! :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much SussexShirts. I could go for Genie III by your experience. How about printer which one you could recommend?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just want to tell about your problem, someone has mentioned on the forum that Xpres 5013mug not required pre heating.

Quote Originally Posted by SussexShirts View Post
    Hi Cigilgan,

The Genie III has worked very well for me. A very sturdy bit of kit and simple to use. I am using Listawood mugs as well and the only issue I had initially was the bottom of the cups not printing well but I solved this but turning the idle temp right down to 130 and then letting the press come up to temp of 170 with the mug in it. Other than that I'm using all standard times and temps in the manual and getting great results.

I'm not exactly doing 200 mugs a day though! :)