Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Sublimation equipment for sale. Printer/flat press/mug press
    By enkaFG in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-07-2016, 09:09 PM
  2. Magic Touch / Adkins Swing press A3 press
    By JMugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-10-2015, 01:12 PM
  3. Ricoh 3300, flat press, mug press complete setup
    By Titan Print Studio in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-12-2012, 11:06 AM
  4. For Sale SENKO CAP PRESS plus plate press and newstar 40 vinyl plotter cutter
    By letsgo in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-10-2012, 11:07 AM
  5. Wanted plate press - latte press- vinyl cutter wanted
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I use the Ricoh3110 which is absolutely fine for good quality A4 sublimation. I'm using cheap ebay ink at the moment which gives surprisingly good results but I'm pretty sure it won't wash well! I'll probably switch to Sawgrass once I'm through the testing stage. The mugs I have done have faded (but only very, very slightly after 2 weeks solidly in the dishwasher!).

There are some good value starter packs and you get 10% off with Listawood.

The problem I've had initially with the mugs is the bottom of the image faded. This seems to be a common problem as the base takes longer to heat and so to sublimate. Some seem to have different methods of warming the base but as I say, I just out the idle temp lower and it has solved it for me. It may be the mug but as I get good results from my method now I'm going to stick with the mugs and what I'm doing.

Good luck with everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really help info, thanks! I'm also looking to get a mug press and I was wonderful how to print to the base of the mug as I'd want the company logo there. You seem to be saying that with a Genie 111 you can print at the base of the mug. I've never pressed a mug and my assumption was that you could only press the sides of it. How would you print the base? Does the Genie have a smaller attachment for printing on the base?

Quote Originally Posted by SussexShirts View Post
    Hi Cigilgan,

The Genie III has worked very well for me. A very sturdy bit of kit and simple to use. I am using Listawood mugs as well and the only issue I had initially was the bottom of the cups not printing well but I solved this but turning the idle temp right down to 130 and then letting the press come up to temp of 170 with the mug in it. Other than that I'm using all standard times and temps in the manual and getting great results.

I'm not exactly doing 200 mugs a day though! :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't print the bottom of a mug. When they say base they mean the very bottom of the sides. Hope that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quinsfan For This Useful Post:

Sedgewick (05-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah...I see! I thought it sounded too good to be true! I guess you guys are all supplying mugs to companies, but I will be supplying to consumers, so I wanted to do some marketing by having the company name at the base/bottom of the mug. Anyway, thanks very much for letting me know.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Message Chongsta on the forum, and he can make sheets of round clear vinyl labels to brand the bases of your mugs - he supplies us and a few other members

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

Sedgewick (06-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Our kitchen cupboard is full of mugs, some dating years back. We have mugs we bought ourselves and mugs given as gifts and, in all honesty, I have never taken notice of anything printed on the bottom of a mug. Personally, I think it's just an unnecessary expense, but that's just my opinion.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Sedgewick (06-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what, Webtrekker, neither have I!!

I just feel like when I buy products from successful companies they've got their logo everywhere. Packaging gets thrown away, emails often go unopened - but a mug is such a presence I feel almost obligated to brand it.

I might start selling them and see how they do and maybe later consider the bases of the mugs.

Many thanks to Pisquee for suggesting Chongsta - I will definitely contact him if/when I go ahead with branding the bases.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sedgewick For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (06-11-2017)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah...I see! I thought it sounded too good to be true! I guess you guys are all supplying mugs to companies, but I will be supplying to consumers, so I wanted to do some marketing by having the company name at the base/bottom of the mug. Anyway, thanks very much for letting me know.
    Why not get some base printed blanks?

LW sell decent mugs and for an additional 10p per mug (plus a screen charge of about £20) they will print a 1 colour base. If you became a premium member it will work out pennies more than if you purchase them as a junior member because you get a 10% discount. See below as a rough example....

Below is based on 144-864 mug qty

List Price of AAA grade 10 ounce mug: 96p
    Price of AAA grade 10 ounce mug as a Premium DSF Member: 85.4p

Screen charge £20 (or thereabouts)
    Price per base print 10p

Based on 504 units
    BLANK 96p
    BLANK DSF DISCOUNTED 85.4p
    BASE PRINTED BLANK WITH DSF DISCOUNT 99p

Obviously all plus VAT and delivery.

So you need to weigh up if adding a base print adds 13.6p to the value of the mug. If it does then get some printed. If not then don't bother.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Sedgewick (06-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredibly helpful, social giraffe. I am probably going to put that idea on hold until I see if my mugs sell. It's a great idea though although I wasn't looking to get Listawood mugs.

I'm sure they're good but after doing all my research my understanding was that BMS mugs are the absolute best? I want mugs that can withstand dishwashing to a point that it's guaranteed, and I understand that they the best as they have an RN coating rather than Orca or Rhino, etc.

It would be so helpful to see what discounts are currently available for members here. I have no idea if there is a discount on BMS mugs. I am looking to also buy a cheap RICOH A4 SG311ODN printer with the sawdust ink, a cheap but professional quality mug press (£120 is my limit but so tempted by the DF1+ Genius Mug Press as it's the only affordable press that I can find that is branded and from a reputable supplier, as opposed to finding it on Ebay which can be hit or miss.

I also need to buy 72 or 100 sublimation mugs, cut paper (I am rubbish at cutting in a straight line). I suppose it's impossible to do all that for £300?

I have already bought white smashproof boxes, but was surprised only one supplier seems to do smashproof COLOURED mug boxes. Shame they're expensive as I did want to get them!

Anyway, thanks for your help, just wish I knew if membership here would make sense, given what I want to buy.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sure they're good but after doing all my research my understanding was that BMS mugs are the absolute best? I want mugs that can withstand dishwashing to a point that it's guaranteed, and I understand that they the best as they have an RN coating rather than Orca or Rhino, etc
    The only company who guarantee's their coating for the lifetime of the mug is Listawood I believe. Others will say tested for 500 or 2000 washes, but LW are the only one to guarantee it. BMS are good, as are Xpres, Dye Sub Supplies and Listawood. My personal opinion wouldbe to get samples from all of them and decide which one you like the best. I could say what I think are best and there will be others who 100% disagree :-)

So you are looking for the following:

Ricoh Printer with Ink
    Mug Press
    72 Mugs
    Paper

All for £300

If you can get that then you need to be in the business of negotiating and don't bother with dye sub as that would be a very very good price :-)

membership is only £10 and is really there to support the forum administration costs, however some suppliers have been generous to a) support this forum financially and b) offer decent discounts to premium members.

I am not sure if it is my position to tell you what suppliers offer what discount, suffice to say that LW do offer 10% on blanks and BMS do not offer any discount for DSF members.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...