Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cotton & Cotton Canvas Prints
    By KHG in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-03-2016, 06:10 PM
  2. Sublimating Hi Viz
    By HMA in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 07:00 PM
  3. Sublimating Polysester/Cotton Mix (65/35)
    By harlequeen in forum Clothing
    Last Post: 24-05-2014, 03:31 PM
  4. PVC - has anyone tried sublimating onto it?
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sublimating onto Cotton – Reveal-S

For anybody that couldn't make it to the Print Show down at Telford last week below is a link to a video that Dawn and Adam filmed on our stand giving a brief demonstration of our latest new product the Reveal PrintPerfect 600S which is a printer ink and rip software with transfer film that allows you to Sublimate onto 100% Cotton and all other Blanks. The system has been developed by Vivid Chemical in the USA and we are please to announce that we are the sole distributor of the whole system in the UK.

We launched this at the show and had a fantastic response, with the following quote being used a lot " that's a game changer"

Below are the 3 films;

Reveal-S, Enables you to sublimate onto white or light coloured Cotton. (available now)

Reveal-W, This will allow you to sublimate white onto Dark Cotton (coming very soon)

Reveal-WC this will allow you to sublimate coloured text or images onto Dark Cotton. ( Released Spring next year)

If anyone would like more information please feel free to get in touch or if you would like a demo we have it set up at our demo suite just outside Carlisle and you can make an appointment for a demo anytime you want however we have and official demo day organised for the 10th of November. In the New Year we are planning on getting out and about the country demonstrating the PrintPerfect Sytem so if anybody has any suggestions of places they would like us to look at please let us know..

https://youtu.be/rOdqrmWgm1w

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ink carts for this printer are 29ml. and in the US are priced at $77 each that's £58 and you need 9 of them.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Jimbo, You are right it it a 9 ink system CMYK + LM & LC + 3 clear carts if you are using it for general dye sublimation printing you would only use the six colours that is controlled with the print perfect rip that is supplied with the system the extra 2 colours give you a wider colour gamut, the clear carts are only used when you are using the film to sublimate onto cotton.
    Regarding the ink carts they are 31 ml and are priced here in the UK at £42.
    Hope that clears things up but if anybody would like more information please feel free to get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The ink carts for this printer are 29ml. and in the US are priced at $77 each that's £58 and you need 9 of them.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello - Was good to pop along to Telford, I had a really productive day talking to people. I spent most of the day looking at the DTG though. With a white tshirt coming out at about 22p to print a colour a4 image and a black coming out at about £1.20.

Do have the equivalent costs using this for a white tshirt? I understand the full colour on dark is a bit far away to have an idea yet. After all this kit is ten times cheaper than a dtg solution.

Alex.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Alex, The cost of the A4 film is £1.19 a sheet plus the ink cost which would depend on your design, so you are correct DTG would work out a lot cheaper per print per shirt.

However this is where it gets more interesting firstly like you say you have the set up costs to take into account but the biggest factor is that the press time is 18 seconds for the reveal and that is the t- shirt finished no second press like some laser products or pre treatment ect like DTG.

Did they tell you know how long it would take to print a t-shirt with the DTG from start to finish? Do they need pre treatment?

We had a lot of interest at the show from screen printers for smaller run jobs or multiple colours for obvious reasons.

In a production environment if you had 2 or 3 printers on the go you would literally getting a finished t- shirt every 18 seconds.

The other bonus of the PrintPerfect system over DTG is the ability to produce any other dye sublimation blanks as well.

Regarding the colour prints on dark the film for that Reveal-WC will be a bit more expensive but the price hasn't been confirmed yet but it will be available early next year.

Hope that makes sense to you Alex and wasn't too much waffle. If you need anymore information please feel free to get in touch.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Tubstar View Post
    Hello - Was good to pop along to Telford, I had a really productive day talking to people. I spent most of the day looking at the DTG though. With a white tshirt coming out at about 22p to print a colour a4 image and a black coming out at about £1.20.

Do have the equivalent costs using this for a white tshirt? I understand the full colour on dark is a bit far away to have an idea yet. After all this kit is ten times cheaper than a dtg solution.

Alex.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve,

That's some great info. Dark shirts for a dtg need pre treatment, then a 60 second heat press afterwards as you said. The tshirt takes about 5 mins to print though so you can be pre treating one, and pressing one whilst another is printing. It is time consuming...

Food for thought many thanks.
    Alex.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Alex , That's interesting then so some basic maths tells you the profit on a shirt every 18 seconds or every 6 minutes plus the cost of the set up like you say food for thought.

However the disadvantage of our system is you need to wait a while for the Reveal-WC to be released.

It kind of makes sense when you look at the time difference why the comment "game changer" was mentioned a lot when we were at the show.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

That's some great info. Dark shirts for a dtg need pre treatment, then a 60 second heat press afterwards as you said. The tshirt takes about 5 mins to print though so you can be pre treating one, and pressing one whilst another is printing. It is time consuming...

Food for thought many thanks.
    Alex.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it does definitely make me consider things again in more depth.

Although I am currently on wash cycle 23 of a sample printed in front of me using an Epson f2000. Showing no signs of fade etc. It’s important these last well for us.

Alex.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, would the reveal-wc need another printer? Or is it just the transfer paper that’s different?

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That seems decent Alex however after 23 washes would you not want the image to alter. I was told the print should age with the t-shirt.

Yes it does definitely make me consider things again in more depth.

Although I am currently on wash cycle 23 of a sample printed in front of me using an Epson f2000. Showing no signs of fade etc. It’s important these last well for us.

Alex.