Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Brown boxes not for posting
    By kezza99 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2015, 04:50 PM
  2. blacks gong brown again
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 07:39 PM
  3. Brown became purple
    By JMugs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-03-2013, 11:42 AM
  4. Grey is printing brown
    By rudders18 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-03-2010, 04:47 PM
  5. black ink coming out brown
    By chris barcroft in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-1970, 02:00 AM

Thread: Brown or not?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brown or not?

Ok ive brought an entry level setup just for printing my own promotional merchandise.
    Ive tested loads of blanks with different pressure and heat but they all seem to have a brown tint. Which i read is over cooking so ive ranged prints from 150 to 200.
    My unit is rather brown. Brown carpet and mdf walls with LED strip lights.
    Ive been pulling my hair out but when i tried to take a picture of them they were coming out fine. When i took them outside in natural light they looked fine when i brought them home under normal light bulb colour they looked brownish again.
    I note i dont use a teflon sheet but i use grease proof paper -how important is this?
    So does light condition really affect the prints that much? ive read that using a medium or high pressure wont affect the print? its the temp that does so what does the preassure actually do? is there an all round temp for mouse pads phone cases etc i read that 185 is avg?

Thanks for any help

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Which heat press are you using. Sounds like something is burning. It's important to know that the set temperature is the same as the actual temperature, and it is consistent over the press plate. I use an IR thermometer to check temperature, some believe thermocouples give better accuracy

Your paper should be silicon coated, I use Teflon sheets for some products and silicon paper for others, supermarket silicon paper is cheap, use a fresh sheet for each pressing

Paper was discussed some years back here http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...h-coasters-etc

I ment to add, for new products, I always start with times and temp given by sub blank supplier, adjusting as required

Good luck with your trials
    Last edited by knightweb; 22-10-2017 at 11:25 PM. Reason: added time temp

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KERNOWDRONES View Post
    Ok ive brought an entry level setup just for printing my own promotional merchandise.
    Ive tested loads of blanks with different pressure and heat but they all seem to have a brown tint. Which i read is over cooking so ive ranged prints from 150 to 200.
    My unit is rather brown. Brown carpet and mdf walls with LED strip lights.
    Ive been pulling my hair out but when i tried to take a picture of them they were coming out fine. When i took them outside in natural light they looked fine when i brought them home under normal light bulb colour they looked brownish again.
    I note i dont use a teflon sheet but i use grease proof paper -how important is this?
    So does light condition really affect the prints that much? ive read that using a medium or high pressure wont affect the print? its the temp that does so what does the preassure actually do? is there an all round temp for mouse pads phone cases etc i read that 185 is avg?

Thanks for any help

The pressure stops the print from gassing out, resulting in blurred prints. It also compensates to some extent for slight barreling or pincushioning of the mug and minor indentations, however, simply using maximum pressure will not solve issues like this, you have to find a happy medium and only use mugs which you know to be as near perfect as possible otherwise you will have a lot of scrap.