Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-06-2017, 09:50 PM
  2. Help Laptop died
    By Quinsfan in forum Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 10:00 PM
  3. Brother 5910dw just died peacfully tonight !
    By bigj2552 in forum Printers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-10-2012, 04:00 PM
  4. finally Died - Geo Knight press
    By mrs maggot in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone fulfil my orders please? WF7110 just died

Hello,

My WF7110 just suddenly stopped printing yellow all together so my prints all have a blue tint.

Its not a blocked head as it literally went from printing perfect yellows to printing absolutely zero within one print. Looks like the printer isn't pulling any yellow through the CISS at all, tried manually filling but still doesn't work so I've decided the printer is knackered.

I cant get another printer in 24 hours so I was hoping there was a kind member that could fulfil my orders if I send them the images? (they're all 2D iphone items) I will of course pay for your time/resources.

Thanks

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can't fulfil actual orders, but can supply transfers on paper if that'll help?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Can't fulfil actual orders, but can supply transfers on paper if that'll help?
    That would be fantastic! I know im asking a lot but if i were to get the pages over to you this morning could you send them to me before 3pm for saturday delivery?

If so can you PM me your email address and ill send the pages over, .PSD format cool with you?

Many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you prime the cartridges? It might be an air lock. Pull the ink through with a syringe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Did you prime the cartridges? It might be an air lock. Pull the ink through with a syringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Yeah I even manually filled the yellow cart with a syringe just to make sure it was full. Also blew in to the air vent in the top of ciss to fill the pipes with ink.

It doesn't print a single dot of yellow or draw any through the line on its own, so I think there's a fault with the head where the cartridge chip connects to the print head.

This is the same issue I initially had with my first 7110 that arrived with the problem across all 4 carts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the cartridge out and:

1. first try to push the connectors on the head down to make sure it has not slipped out of place. They only slide in and out and can work themselves upwards over time.

2. if that does not work use a cotton bud and gently clean the connectors with some head cleaning fluid and leave to dry for a good hour (of course make sure you unplug before doing this)

I have a WF7110 (actually 3 of them) and well versed in stripping the head down :)

But you don't need to strip the head to do the 2 above.

I've bought a new printer and then found out the yellow connector had worked it's way up on the head and a quick push down sorted the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Customprintwales View Post

1. first try to push the connectors on the head down to make sure it has not slipped out of place. They only slide in and out and can work themselves upwards over time.

2. if that does not work use a cotton bud and gently clean the connectors with some head cleaning fluid and leave to dry for a good hour (of course make sure you unplug before doing this)

I have a WF7110 (actually 3 of them) and well versed in stripping the head down :)

I've bought a new printer and then found out the yellow connector had worked it's way up on the head and a quick push down sorted the problem.
    Thanks for this, it didnt fix the problem but it lead me to what the actual problem was!

I did as you said but while i had the carts out I went further and removed the entire print head from the plastic cage that it sits in.

Under the print head is a small 3 prong fork connector that connects a ribbon cable to the bottom of the print head when the print head is installed, this was absolutely coated in ink, I used some isoprop alcohol and cleaned it up with a cotton bud, reassembled the print head and yellow started flowing again!

Wish I hadnt of been so hasty to order a new printer and CISS, hopefully I can return it when it arrives.

Thanks for your help everyone, if anyone reading this has the same problem it takes 5 minutes to fix, and you only need to remove 5 screws, removing the print head is rather easy on this printer, dont throw your printer away when its an easy fix!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Customprintwales View Post

Any advice for my (practically un-used) WF7110 which has had a problem with blocked nozzles pretty much since I turned it on?

I've done repeated head cleans, used Magic Bullet over and over again (hot and cold), syringed the ports full of individual colours etc etc and it still won't print properly - it hasn't returned a clear nozzle check since I took the initial OE carts out and replaced with subli ink in refillable carts.

On the last WF7110 I had (which also lost the yellow suddenly) I eventually took the print head out completely and cleaned it but no joy - it remained stubbornly blocked in a few places. Cityinkexpress replaced it (very kindly) but the new one developed the same problem almost immediately. (I know, you're thinking "who's the common denominator here!" but honestly I've tried everything!!).

I've got an Epson 2010 which just WORKS, never blocks and produces really good prints (for my purposes). But I really need A3 now.

I've even looked into getting a replacement print head or buying a new one, but it seems like good money after bad!!

Any sage advice from the voice of WF7110 experience?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advice? Don't buy Epson :)

I've gone through 3 WF7110s in less than a year.

If it's not blocked heads, it's fake paper jams that take ages to fix, if it's not fake paper jams it the machine stopping suddenly because it no longer recognises a cartridge. I rarely go 2 days straight without some sort of issue with the WF7110.

I'll never buy another one.

I don't know if it's just that model that is the issue. I've never had a problem with my A4 Epson the XP 322 series.

I'm currently saving as much as possible to be able to afford a profession A3 sublimation printer from Sawgrass.

I might try the Epson Expression Photo XP-960 just in case it is the WF7110 model that is duff. The 960 looks a more basic and simpler A3 printer so there should be less to go wrong and a 6 colour system should give really nice results.

At £155 in the Amazon warehouse or £180 new it's not going to break the bank to test.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Customprintwales For This Useful Post:

RuthWinchester (04-11-2017)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I think!

It's actually quite nice to hear it's not just me... I haven't had any paper jam issues - possibly because it hasn't been working long enough or often enough to generate those. As the other Epson I've got seems to work fine I have been agonising about whether to try a third WF7110 (on the basis I must be due a working one by now!) but I slightly suspect that there's something wrong with this particular model.

I may well take your suggestion for the Expression as I must have wasted days and days (not to mention ink, paper etc) trying to get this damn one to work. (Wish there was a "bangs head on desk" icon as it would be very appropriate right now).