Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Silicone mug wraps for latte mugs really expensive!
    By brightday83 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-11-2016, 08:32 PM
  2. Website security
    By Reading-Print in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 20-11-2015, 10:52 PM
  3. wireless dongles
    By smitch6 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29-06-2011, 06:39 PM
  4. Shop Security Mirrors?
    By AdamB in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 03:04 PM
  5. When does a blank placemat become too expensive?
    By bms in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 26-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch Up View Post
    Yes, there are many options Earl and remote control is one. I have used that in the past but find it a bit laggy and often colours don't display properly. Of course while I'm using the Wilcom remotely, Angie can be using other software by attaching to another security dongle.

I had a Raspberry Pi spare and decided it suited my needs and, I can lock the Pi away with dongles and don't have to touch them :) A raspberry Pi uses very little power so I leave it on 24/7.

I wasn't aware of situation with Wilcom and lost dongles. At present I'm not to happy with them for the problems I've encountered with Coreldraw 6 and its lack of compatibility with Windows 10. Their solution was for me to upgrade to E4!

I don't use a Mac so can't comment on any remarks made about them.
    I have the same problem with Wilcom. New laptop as the old crashed so bought a Win10 one. My Wilcom supplier said my Wilcom would work on Win 10 but it doesnt. Now Im looking to upgrade so I dont get problems in the future. I use it everyday so I is probably worth it.
    As for the virtual link up. Im sure it wont work unless you have a good internet. I havent tried it as I have only been told about it this morning.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the solution I use Earl (VirtualHere) the speed of the internet will have little or no baring as all Wilcom does is to periodically check for the security dongle :)

Using Teamviewer or VPN solution will require a reasonably fast internet service.

I wanted to use Coreldraw 7 with Wilcom ES3 to overcome it's non-compliance with Windows 10, BUT, when I enquired with Wilcom support, I was told ES3 does not support Coreldraw 7 and an upgrade to ES4 was the only solution. Not at all happy with Wilcom.

Have fun

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi John.
    Ive been told that Wilcom will give us a four week test use of their ES4. The upgrade cost is 1,699€ so Im not too happy but if I have to then needs must. But it is S**t that we have to keep upgrading at these prices just because the operating system keeps changing.
    Lets hope the upgrade has some new tools that make it worthwhile.