Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Guarantee
    By Earl Smith in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 01:22 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 21-07-2011, 12:21 PM
  3. eBay Sellers Strike Back
    By GoonerGary in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 12:23 PM
  4. Money boxes
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

eBay Money Back Guarantee

We have another of those typical annoying eBay buyers who claim they never received their personalised goods. No problem, we will send them a replacement today. Their response "we want a refund or we will get our lawyer onto you". The long and short of it is that eBay said to send the items and when it has been tracked they will close the eBay case. The buyer has said eBay told them to send it straight back and open a returns request to get money back. Has anyone else had money given back to a buyer based on them not wanting a PERSONALISED gift they requested? I can understand 28 day return on off-the-shelf products but I didn't think this covered custom/personalised products?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    We have another of those typical annoying eBay buyers who claim they never received their personalised goods. No problem, we will send them a replacement today. Their response "we want a refund or we will get our lawyer onto you". The long and short of it is that eBay said to send the items and when it has been tracked they will close the eBay case. The buyer has said eBay told them to send it straight back and open a returns request to get money back. Has anyone else had money given back to a buyer based on them not wanting a PERSONALISED gift they requested? I can understand 28 day return on off-the-shelf products but I didn't think this covered custom/personalised products?
    Hmm ... There's a difference between 'not received' and 'not wanting' items. If they claim it hasn't been received, then we simply send them the tracking number (you do track them, don't you? ).

As for 'not wanting' a personalised item, does your ebay listing have a disclaimer saying such items, because of their nature, cannot be returned for replacement or reimbursement unless defective? I'd just take the hit here, issue them with a refund, add them to your blocked list, and call it a lesson learned. There's times, (almost every day!), when I hate ebay!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember those idiots getting lawyers on ebay back in the day. At that point, I express my disappointment that since it's now a 'legal matter' that you can no longer offer a quick remedy to address their problems and will wait for both our lawyers to sort it out. Pisses them off further. You could do stuff like that when mutual negative feedback existed.

You shouldn't need a disclaimer, but it helps. Personalised orders are not covered by Consumer Contract Regulations. Get the item back, refund, move on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay are a law unto themselves!

In they're latest TV commercial trying to encourage people to buy products advertised on Ebay for Christmas, they feature perfumes & aftershaves! I suppose it's okay if you want to five 'FAKE' gifts to people.

Ebay - one of the most dangerous places to shop!
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There isn't much I'd buy on eBay. Memory cards, razors, batteries...all fake!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are by law, entitled to return any item (personalised or not) for a full refund if they aren't happy with the item for whatever reason. Having a disclaimer saying you don't accept returns will hold no weight with ebay whatsoever.

Its one of these things that... you just need to accept however much of a PITA the buyer is. However you don't have to pay postage. Just lump that back at them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixalpha View Post
    They are by law, entitled to return any item (personalised or not) for a full refund if they aren't happy with the item for whatever reason.
    https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...ts-regulations

"Exemptions

There are some circumstances where the Consumer Contracts Regulations won’t give you a right to cancel.

These include, CDs, DVDs or software if you've broken the seal on the wrapping, perishable items and tailor-made or personalised items. "

If you have printed the item incorrectly that's a different matter.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

bigj2552 (15-11-2017), UK Printed Mugs (13-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you all. We have decided to re-send signed for to see what eBay policy is. We can of course dispute the case if they open another one but the fact that someone can return a personalised item for a refund seems wrong and obviously not part of consumer act.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay policy is to ignore the personalised items and treat them exactly as any other purchase, customer is always right

If they say they havn't recieved it and you have sent it tracked put tracking in and they will lose case, if you have no tracking then refund.

If they don't want another one, why send another? they will simply damage it and claim not as described = refund. and you will then be charged an extra £3 for that as well, so you will be out of pocket 3 x postage and 2 items.

They are scammers, we all know that, but have to suck it up, i refund on the very last day before it goes to ebay just to string it out a bit, if i think they are scamming.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes we agree on principle but we want to get a 100% response from eBay regarding returning personalised items. eBay told us that they do follow UK law so we have a few days now in order to see what they decide. Doing it for us guys and girls :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (14-11-2017)