Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Guarantee
    By Earl Smith in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 12:22 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 21-07-2011, 11:21 AM
  3. eBay Sellers Strike Back
    By GoonerGary in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 11:23 AM
  4. Money boxes
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there done it already got the t shirt and ended up paying out loads.

Ebay go above the law for the buyer, personalised items are not exempt on ebay, its says so in the policies you agree to by selling on there, used to have a link to this direct question and answer from the ebay staff, if your very lucky your customer will get a no fault refund, but more often than not you will be out of pocket.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant remember the last time I bought from e-bay - and Ive certainly not sold on there. Amazon is bad enough (to sell on) - but e-bay - good god, so many dodgy sellers and AS a seller - if your a good honest guy - you will be shafted!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryQ View Post
    I cant remember the last time I bought from e-bay - and Ive certainly not sold on there. Amazon is bad enough (to sell on) - but e-bay - good god, so many dodgy sellers and AS a seller - if your a good honest guy - you will be shafted!!
    Yes, but for some there are few alternatives.

My daughter's turnover last tax year was £51,000, purely from ebay sales. I'm not saying she hasn't had her share of problems on there, but you just need a bit determination.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Yes, but for some there are few alternatives.

My daughter's turnover last tax year was £51,000, purely from ebay sales. I'm not saying she hasn't had her share of problems on there, but you just need a bit determination.
    Thats good to hear - Im please she is making a success of it. Its great to get a positive about e-bay :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Cheers TerryQ. If there was a viable alternative to ebay, other than Amazon or Etsy, then I'm sure many would use it but unfortunately ebay have the lead, regardless of the many horror stories that abound.

We've tried the website route, with our own online shop, but sales were patchy and not worth the effort, to be honest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sell around 25K a year on ebay but normal stuff - my biggest issue is non arrival of the smaller items, cannot afford to send them signed for so when they "don't arrive" you have to swallow it, and claim back the initial cost only from RMail as they only compensate the actual cost of the item, and the actual post cost, with no allowance for packing etc.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers TerryQ. If there was a viable alternative to ebay, other than Amazon or Etsy, then I'm sure many would use it but unfortunately ebay have the lead, regardless of the many horror stories that abound.

We've tried the website route, with our own online shop, but sales were patchy and not worth the effort, to be honest.
    I know what you mean with your own website online shop - it takes a HUGE effort to get ranked and stay noticed. I may have to look at e-bay, and maybe I was too quick to write it off!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    I sell around 25K a year on ebay but normal stuff - my biggest issue is non arrival of the smaller items, cannot afford to send them signed for so when they "don't arrive" you have to swallow it, and claim back the initial cost only from RMail as they only compensate the actual cost of the item, and the actual post cost, with no allowance for packing etc.
    Thats good to hear too.... Postage is a bloody nightmare for me with lots of y items. Everyone expects Free delivery these days, and postage is bloody expensive - and tracked for, whilst a great idea just makes using that service non viable for the smaller stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I agree, it's just not worth it tracking the smaller orders, best just to hope for the best and replace any marked as not received.

However, if we have to replace or refund, then that person is added to our ebay Blocked List (Santa's Naughty/Nice list! ) so they can never order again from us without the hassle of opening another ebay account specifically for that purpose.

Everyone expects Free delivery these days, and postage is bloody expensive
    Nobody get free postage from us! Yes, all our products are marked 'Postage Free,' but the price, including any tracking, is added into our listed price. Having worked 11 years as a courier for the despicable Hermes though, I would say don't be tempted to cut costs by using myHermes, your items will either never arrive, or arrive broken, having been kicked around the depots and thrown over the customers garden gate, and claiming from Hermes is such a nightmare that many don't bother. Be warned!
    Last edited by webtrekker; 15-11-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, it's just not worth it tracking the smaller orders, best just to hope for the best and replace any marked as not received.

However, if we have to replace or refund, then that person is added to our ebay Blocked List (Santa's Naughty/Nice list! ) so they can never order again from us without the hassle of opening another ebay account specifically for that purpose.

Nobody get free postage from us! Yes, all our products are marked 'Postage Free,' but the price, including any tracking, is added into our listed price. Having worked 11 years as a courier for the despicable Hermes though, I would say don't be tempted to cut costs by using myHermes, your items will either never arrive, or arrive broken, having been kicked around the depots and thrown over the customers garden gate, and claiming from Hermes is such a nightmare that many don't bother. Be warned!
    Hahahaha - I'm loving the Naughty or nice list - I didn't know that you could do such a thing...genius :-)
    Iv'e been pretty luck with items arriving (So Far..Quickly looking around to touch wood!)
    Use either Royal Mail or Parcels2go

Used to use My Hermes - but, as you say, lots of issues and the claiming process was a farse

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TerryQ For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (15-11-2017)