Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. New set-up advice
    By Nemo in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-03-2015, 11:07 AM
  2. Advice please!!
    By dowfer in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 16-02-2015, 03:53 PM
  3. Advice need
    By jennywren in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 06:51 PM
  4. advice please
    By Quinsfan in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2015, 03:14 PM
  5. advice plz ;-)
    By brad in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice for someone new to Dye Sub

Hi all,

Over the next few days I'm looking to buy some dye sub equipment - in particular, the following:

Ricoh SG3100DN with sublisplash inks
    Freesub double mug press
    11oz mugs
    (All as a bundle from dye sub supplies)
    As well as a cheap Chinese press for the time being.

I'm not looking to spend a massive amount at the minute as I'm looking to get it for the time being, and hopefully start selling some merch on a small scale sometime soon.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all, or any reccomendations in general or based on the setup listed above?à
    Last edited by kbho; 16-11-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That gear should get you going, but remember, you are about to enter a highly competitive, cut-throat, cut-price game and initial profits, if any, will be small.

Do a LOT OF research before committing any substantial amounts to sublimation equipment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    That gear should get you going, but remember, you are about to enter a highly competitive, cut-throat, cut-price game and initial profits, if any, will be small.

Do a LOT OF research before committing any substantial amounts to sublimation equipment.
    Thank you for the feedback. I've been lurking around on here and a few other sites for quite a while now, And, from my research - there's actually very few companies in my local area which sell personalised products. Almost all of them, if they do, outsource it to other companies.

I'm looking at buying the equipment above (Which totals at around £460) to begin with, and am going to use it initially for producing personalised gifts for friends and family - and eventually, will try and move to the commercial side of this.

Do you have any experience using the Sublisplash inks, or are you a fan of Sublijet/CIS?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I use CIE inks in a Ricoh SG3110DN and have no issues with them. I haven't tried Sublisplash, nor would I, as I think they are too expensive.

There are multiple things to consider when selling that will eat into your profits. If you plan on selling locally, possibly to gift shops, you may need to supply your products in more attractive, and more expensive, packaging. If selling by post you'll need crushproof mug boxes and will need to consider whether to send signed for, at extra cost, or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I use CIE inks in a Ricoh SG3110DN and have no issues with them. I haven't tried Sublisplash, nor would I, as I think they are too expensive.

There are multiple things to consider when selling that will eat into your profits. If you plan on selling locally, possibly to gift shops, you may need to supply your products in more attractive, and more expensive, packaging. If selling by post you'll need crushproof mug boxes and will need to consider whether to send signed for, at extra cost, or not.
    I've made my order with DyeSubSupplies for everything but the standard swing heat press for now. Just awaiting delivery of it (Which is due Monday). After researching further, there is only one company in my local area which does custom printed mugs etc which hopefully means ill be able to get some items out there, as well as make some unique Christmas gifts for my friends and family.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kbho View Post
    I've made my order with DyeSubSupplies for everything but the standard swing heat press for now. Just awaiting delivery of it (Which is due Monday). After researching further, there is only one company in my local area which does custom printed mugs etc which hopefully means ill be able to get some items out there, as well as make some unique Christmas gifts for my friends and family.
    Cool, well I hope it works well for you. Good Luck ;-)

I have met some of the team from Dyesubsupplies at shows this past couple of months, they seem to know what they are talking about and keen to help where they can. Info on this forum is also fantastic, searching alone gives most of the answers but if you cant find it then your questions get answered pretty thoroughly. I see you registered a year ago so you've clearly been researching well before you shelled out. Thats a great start. Bet you cant wait for monday!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tubstar For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (19-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How very exciting - I bet you cant wait for Monday to come :-) Good luck with your endeavours and have fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryQ View Post
    How very exciting - I bet you cant wait for Monday to come :-) Good luck with your endeavours and have fun
    I almost went to go and get it today. It arrived at a delivery depot literally 30 mins from my house, but by the time I'd got a response from DPD the depot had closed - which means waiting until Monday. Hopefully I'll get some good results though! :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost went to go and get it today. It arrived at a delivery depot literally 30 mins from my house, but by the time I'd got a response from DPD the depot had closed - which means waiting until Monday. Hopefully I'll get some good results though! :)
    Oh no... thats really frustrating.

I'm sure you will get great result - with perseverance, research and the help of the great folk on the forum

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good luck with your new venture hope it all works out for you and thank you very much for choosing us to supply you.
    If you need any help with the initial set up or along the way please feel free to give adam a call in our technical support department and he will talk you through anything you need.
    Also this forum as you will of probably discovered is an excellent place to ask for help or advice.