Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Can anyone fulfil my orders please? WF7110 just died
    By nevada in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-11-2017, 07:01 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-06-2017, 09:50 PM
  3. found on ebay
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14-10-2015, 12:16 PM
  4. Just found these people
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-02-2013, 07:37 PM
  5. Found it
    By Lornem in forum Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah! Finally found something the Epson WF7110 is useful for.

If you stack three useless ones that you've bought in the last 8 months on top of each other they make a great coffee table for morning coffee and toast.

Obviously I've had enough now of Epson and after Christmas I'll start looking for a decent professional A3 sublimation printer - or might go for a wide format one.

In the mean time to see me through Christmas anyone have any thoughts on the Brother MFC-J4420DW which Amazon has on sale at £97.00?

thanks
    Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got 2 dead ones myself at the moment, what happened to your three?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    maybe buy a Ricoh, - and with the money you save, you could get a new plate for your toast?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Head clogged beyond repair. They've all been stripped down and cleaned numerous times until eventually they gave up completely and refused to even recognise the head being fitted.

I'm sure it's just the Work Force range not being up to sublimation ink use. I do my A4 transfer on an Epsom XP322. Had it for 3 years and only once had a blocked head on black which I dealt with in-situ with a head cleaner fluid. apart from the usual did not recognise genuine cartridge shut down it's never been a problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've now got a Sawgrass Virtuoso SG800 and enjoying every minute :). I also have a Epsom XP900 as a cheap back up and for use in busy times when I can print off 2 A3's at a time now.

The XP900 certainly seems to be a more reliable option than the WF.

Might buy a new plate now as I'm not driven to biting on it when the WF went wrong :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its strange because the WF range are always the Epsons I see recommended for sub use. im a bit reluctant to experiment with printers that haven't been tried and tested.

I started down the Ricoh/Sawgrass route, it was horrifically expensive so ditched it when it broke just after my first year. I can burn through nearly 3 wf7110's for the cost of one ricoh/sawgrass setup

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've given up on the Workforce printers. The last one I got was too computery and bugged me about third party carts every time I tried to print. It was always paper jamming, printing pizza wheel marks and wouldn't do solid colour. I think most of these issues were down to printing too fast what with them being office printers. I've moved to slower photographic printers and have a couple of A3 Epson 1500Ws.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary, when you say Epson wouldn't print solid colour what issues were you dealing with? Ive just switched over from Ricoh to Epson and having nothing but bother with them!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 7110 as well. All the issues listed above we also had.

In the end, the head just wouldn't clean on black, and yellow (i think) drained out the CIS system in an hour or two.

Flogged it on eBay and got a Ricoh. Miss the A3 size, so always looking for a replacement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flogged it on eBay and got a Ricoh. Miss the A3 size, so always looking for a replacement.

If you can not run to a sawgrass, the XP900 is doing well as a back up and extra printer during busy times, I've had no problems so far apart from cartridge not recognised.

Printer cost £120 and empty cartridges £30 so a system for £150 to do A3 printing. It is A3 though and does not do A3+ which the WF used to do.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Customprintwales For This Useful Post:

Drew (29-01-2018), juggysingh (19-06-2019)