Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Bus advertising... any thoughts?
    By webtrekker in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2017, 08:11 PM
  2. heat press or starter kit for starters
    By LushesFaith in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 08:32 PM
  3. Starter smug Press
    By kermit in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2015, 01:24 PM
  4. Your thoughts on this please?
    By Dave271069 in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26-03-2013, 01:18 PM
  5. DF14 mug press, any good? thoughts please
    By Firecake in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 12:35 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your thoughts please on this mug press starter kit

Hi everyone

I'm considering buying this mug press starter kit:

http://www.dyesublimationsupplies.co...on-Starter-Kit

and wondered what your thoughts are on it?

I'm looking to increase my current product range by offering my designs on mugs and would like to be able to do them myself rather than outsource it to a printing company.

This kit looks like it's got everything I need to get started and with the vat on top it's just about in my budget for this so I just want to make sure it's an ok piece of kit!

Many thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took delivery of one of these kits at the start of this week, the quality of all of the individual items are definately good - although I'm still finding changes I need to make (Temps, Colour profiles etc). The only thing I've found so far is that there were no instructions in the box as such stating where to find the ICC profiles, and how they should be setup to achieve the best results - which I kind of expected to be included within the bundle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks. I've read in other threads about the lack of instructions for this mug press so hoping youtube will come to the rescue on the setting up side of things!

How are you finding the print quality on the test runs you've done so far? And how close to the handle are you able to print? I know that generally there's a bit of a print gap by the handle which is ok as I don't think I'll need might to go right to the handle but it'd be nice to know!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginap View Post
    Ok thanks. I've read in other threads about the lack of instructions for this mug press so hoping youtube will come to the rescue on the setting up side of things!

How are you finding the print quality on the test runs you've done so far? And how close to the handle are you able to print? I know that generally there's a bit of a print gap by the handle which is ok as I don't think I'll need might to go right to the handle but it'd be nice to know!
    The mug press is extremely simple to get to grips with to be honest, and it takes no more than 2-3 minutes to heat up to temp (180).

I've just come off of Livechat with DSS and they've provided me with the ICC profile setup guide for the printer (As I think I've double profiled, so got extremely dark prints).

As of yet I've not actually done a print right to the handle, but I'll get one of those done for my next test print once I've properly set everything up and will get back to you to confirm how close you can get (Most likely just over a cm gap either side).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great! Thanks. It's good to find someone using the same kit I'm about to buy. And also good to know DSS are there for support too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginap View Post
    That's great! Thanks. It's good to find someone using the same kit I'm about to buy. And also good to know DSS are there for support too.
    Yeah, I'm not too sure whether there was a problem with my mailbox - but when you buy, you should get a PDF with setup instructions for the ICC profile - I didn't receive it but they sent it over when I contacted them on the live chat. They actually have an account on the forum so they might pop up somewhere on this thread.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you're making your own designs then you can compensate for the gap required near the handle (and top & bottom).

If you are printing customers designs to their specifications then you may need to consider silicone wraps and an oven to get all-over prints close to the handle without faded edges.