Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. MDF Coasters
    By ScotTs in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 11:46 AM
  2. 9cm coasters
    By robhil in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 09:36 PM
  3. Coasters
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 01:08 PM
  4. new coasters
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    https://www.technotape.com/p/q/coast...asters/UN.5935

Not sure if any use? Company is in Holland.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    For the others, you get ready made jigs with the hardboard type coasters which pop out of the A4 sheet. These are supplied as a full A4 set as standard. Might be a quick solution even if it takes a bit of adapting. Have some in work but going in later so will check out if I have a chance.

As for tape marks being left. The right masking tape doesn't do it unless left to cool too much. Problem is, sourcing that masking tape is becoming harder. Trial and error from your local suppliers if often needed as the sticky residue is left with many.

Thirdly, the black backed coasters about do not have a raw finish. These will not have this problem at all but pose a different issue. The white print area is fragile and easily chipped when removing the plastic coating. Need to adapt a technique such as using tape to remove it. Nothing is ever easy.
    Ive been using the tape from xpres with their unisub coasters, 2 small pieces in each corner removed straight away, never had a problem..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have run tests tonight on these coasters on a new batch that arrived today and our previous batch. Pressed at 200 degrees for 70 seconds with 20mm heat tape across the back. Left to cool and peal with no effect on the back. Video taken to show full process down twice if you want to sit through 3 or 4 minutes! Will upload to YouTube or somewhere if anyone interested to watch!! I know there are a couple of people reporting a problem but our supplier nor us can replicate. I also tried with 6mm heat tape but didn’t video it, again no effect on reverse.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been following this thread with interest but am now confused. The original post was about the cork backing coming away when removing the tape like the unisub ones. The video only shows some residue from the heat tape and not the backing coming away. I do not disagree that the tape makes are not good to see but this is not the original point of the post. Or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the video
    https://youtu.be/VS1sxfvr_38

Backing is smooth to the touch after pressing and the tape removes cleanly.
    Last edited by bms; 06-12-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    I have been following this thread with interest but am now confused. The original post was about the cork backing coming away when removing the tape like the unisub ones. The video only shows some residue from the heat tape and not the backing coming away. I do not disagree that the tape makes are not good to see but this is not the original point of the post. Or am I missing something?

The orginal post is about raw backs and thats not residue it's damage, if it were residue you could wipe it off with a damp cloth.

@bigj2552 if you want to save those damaged ones and make them saleable you could add felt to the backs.
    Last edited by galerion; 06-12-2017 at 08:29 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    Looking for other view on this....

We bought there own make of coaster purely because the heat tape DIDNT rip half of the coaster backing off

The last 2 batches we bought from them, EVERY single coaster is doing exactly what the unisub ones did >>>>

Taking bits of the coaster backing with it when removing heat tape after pressing ....NOW/BUT >>>

What we want to know BEFORE we buy another lot from them is.....
    Is anyone else getting the same probs only with bms own make of coasters ?

If not, we can only put it down to the new batch of brown heat tape that just came in around same time the new batch of bms coasters came in....
    Maybe the new batch of brown heat tape is more tacky than usual....
    I have edited the original post and it clearly states taking bits of the backing off with the tape. Not what is shown on the video. I accept that tape marks are not good but this is a different issue to the original post of the backing being removed.

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    I have edited the original post and it clearly states taking bits of the backing off with the tape. Not what is shown on the video. I accept that tape marks are not good but this is a different issue to the original post of the backing being removed.

He also states "exactly what the unisub ones did". I have the unisub ones, if you let the tape touch the back then hot or cold peel the tape will lift the fibers leaving a rough surface and sometimes bits will be stuck to the tape. What the video shows looks the same as using the unisub ones to me.
    Last edited by galerion; 06-12-2017 at 07:53 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bms own coasters....

Ahh I was expecting a full removal as it were. Thanks you for the detailed explanation .

Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    currently testing todays lot of bms coasters now.
    this is looking way more promising guys

have mucked about with times, temps and pressure....
    will be back after we get rid of the back orders ...