Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. MDF Coasters
    By ScotTs in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 11:46 AM
  2. 9cm coasters
    By robhil in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 09:36 PM
  3. Coasters
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 01:08 PM
  4. new coasters
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really weird, I order regularly (like 3 times a week) and ive never ever had this issue. I use 2 different types of tape and neither is an issue.

I do 6 at a time and I do 190 and 60 seconds - perfect every time.

I don't need to upload a video - there's nothing to see because mine are all perfect ;)......I will do one over the weekend though LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMS coasters update :

well well.....made an ol man ( me ) very happy here...
    150 coasters done and not one with ANY tape mark, bits coming off NOTHING !

very very happy indeed...but i still dont understand what changed.....
    what we did here, was fart about with 30 or so coasters, with times, temps and pressure...bare in mind we have had 2 x 40x60 flat beds set up for well over 16 months without any need to change anything....but thats beside the point

so what we came up with was.....tried what paul on here suggested first - took back the pressure to really, really light @200c for 60sec....
    got no tapes marks at all, hot or cold, but were getting the odd coaster half baked so.....

upped the temp to 210, very slightly increased the pressure....time-60s - perfect coasters...doing 6 at a time on a4 sheet paper, plus only taping at 2 corners instead of the 4....but tbh, i can still tape at 4 corners, cause nothing is showing at all now...even if left to be stone cold after pressing..which is bloody marvellous.....

i,m very happy, and slightly less stressed ol boy - just need to sort out the crappy parcel farce and we good to go yet again...
    also just found out another place we can buy our inks in 1L bottles without importing them...that way we will not have the hassle we had last 2 weeks with our ink delivery going awol with parcel farce..or more to the point, me forgetting how low the ciss bottles were and not ordering in enough dam time...sigh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys

This is the response I got from Nicci @ Subli Metals....

I have an idea for a design for a template that will increase the thickness of the jig and a way round the printer movement so I will email that to Nicci. However if someone wants to take up the mantle with Subli Metals than a) I know that they will work with you to get a jig that will work, b) I am sure they will do you a nice price and c) they are a really nice company to work with :-)

The other reason I didn’t immediately reply is that (presumably coincidentally weirdly enough!) is that we were actually asked to make these in October for one of our metal customers but specifically for their MDF coasters and spent a good few weeks testing them ourselves. We thought we had cracked it and sent prototypes out to the customer (but only had limited coasters to test with so maybe didn’t do enough testing) - their first response was that the metal jig was too thin even in 0.7mm so we remade it in layers to stick together and resent them first week November, but then in 2nd week of November sales went bonkers so I haven’t had time to follow up for feedback for them and had forgotten about it till your email lol...

We were keen to make them not only for MDF items but also for our own metal products (as we have previously been asked for jigs for our business cards and key rings) so we had been trialing them for these as well with mixed success - problems being printer not printing straight and issues with the corners of the metal printing fully - so we felt we hadn’t sussed it enough to launch to the world before Christmas, so shelved it till the new year and (hopefully) more time!!

USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem - printer not printing pages straight

Solution - create 0.5mm line patterns around the outer edges of the jig and corner bleed marks in your documents, use a guillotine or cutter to resize the paper then line up the smaller piece of paper against the line patterns.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to technick For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (15-12-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Here's my solution, posted a few days ago ...

Ok, been thinking about this. Please bear with me as I don't have time to prepare any sketches yet.

It seems to me that the taping is what's causing the problem (I know, 'No shit Sherlock!' but just follow this through....)

Let's try NOT taping the print to the coasters. We all know aluminium sheet conducts heat so well that the recommended method for printing aluminium sheets is to place the sheet ON TOP OF the print.

So, let's suppose we pop our coasters face up into a jig (mdf, aluminium, whatever) that has a thin aluminium panel hinged to one end of the jig so that it folds over onto the coasters. (Imagine a book cover).

Now all that needs to be done is to tape the print to the underside of the hinged aluminium sheet so that the print will land accurately on the coasters when closed. Then simply bung the whole assembly into the press and heat will be immediately conducted through the aluminium sheet and sublimation of the coasters will begin.

Sorry for the long explanation, hope you all understood what I'm getting at.
    When printing, always add a 'bleed' around the image edges to compensate for prints that are slightly off, or misaligned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We've cured our tape problem on coasters by using the blue heat tape from Subliblanks and removing straight away whilst hot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also use Subliblanks tape with little issues. The gold stuff is GARBAGE.