Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Colouring of line art
    By galerion in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 11:42 PM
  2. Now on line
    By Angloman in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-03-2014, 03:50 PM
  3. new product line
    By pisquee in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 10:15 PM
  4. Faded image when pressing mugs
    By maskedhero in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 04:29 PM
  5. line art
    By jennywren in forum Software
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 12:26 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug pressing faded line

Hiya I'm pretty new to mug pressing. I have adjusted time pressure etc as I've gone through this batch. My travel mugs printed earlier with same paper, ink and machine etc are fine.

Longforte say 160°c for 3min on these. I have upped to 170°c and increased pressure and results have improved. See 1 with pic of 2 dog mugs. I seem to be getting a bit of a white line where transfer tape is at bottom (oddly not at sides or top).

I also seem to be getting a bit of a colour issue with blacks going brown here (and yesterday on my normal flat press when sublimating on metal yesterday black was looking a little blue).

I'm thinking when I reprint for these mugs I'll do in photo quality to make colours richer then make photos a bit smaller so i can tape over white space at edges. Slightly higher pressure and at 170°c. Any other tips appreciated x

I'm using longforte best sub mugs
    a uk press mug press
    Ink express sub paper and ink

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theoriginalmadco View Post
    Hiya I'm pretty new to mug pressing. I have adjusted time pressure etc as I've gone through this batch. My travel mugs printed earlier with same paper, ink and machine etc are fine.

Longforte say 160°c for 3min on these. I have upped to 170°c and increased pressure and results have improved. See 1 with pic of 2 dog mugs. I seem to be getting a bit of a white line where transfer tape is at bottom (oddly not at sides or top).

I also seem to be getting a bit of a colour issue with blacks going brown here (and yesterday on my normal flat press when sublimating on metal yesterday black was looking a little blue).

I'm thinking when I reprint for these mugs I'll do in photo quality to make colours richer then make photos a bit smaller so i can tape over white space at edges. Slightly higher pressure and at 170°c. Any other tips appreciated x

I'm using longforte best sub mugs
    a uk press mug press
    Ink express sub paper and ink

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Are you using the correct ICC profile for your setup? Do you even have an ICC profile? This is very important before you even contemplate changing anything else.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

theoriginalmadco (28-11-2017)