Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Window cling stickers
    By A11kns in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-02-2015, 08:00 PM
  2. Transparent Vinyl
    By pisquee in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-2014, 06:36 PM
  3. Do you use Protective Paper?
    By Stevo in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 28-11-2013, 08:43 PM
  4. Protective film on unisub coasters?
    By MREDD in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-11-2012, 09:23 PM
  5. Window Cling
    By fr3spirit in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20-05-2010, 01:14 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a Protective Cling Transparent Film.

Hello all

I have a Yamaha keyboard (pride & joy) that cost me a few shillings :) I like to keep my 'toys' in very good condition and would like to make some sort of transparent, cling cover to protect the surface/legend etc as with continuous use, can wear away.

I would create templates in manageable parts as indicated by the red squares. I know I can buy ready made protectors but I thought this might be a good project for the BN-20 or any cutter for that matter :)

What product would be best suited for this project? It would need to be glue-less for ease of placement/removal and not to leave any residue behind.

Any ideas?

Cheers

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi John

What is the silver case made of?

If its plastic I think that might limit your options.

The only glue-less clear film I can think of that might work is static cling. Give Metamark a call and they send samples which will probably suffice for plenty covers.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi John, nice keyboard, beats my Yamaha PSR to hell!

I was thinking, if the panels you require aren't too large, maybe use a screen protector for an iPad or large tablet, cut with a contour cutter. They leave no residue when used on phones and tablets, so may do the job. There may be air bubbles though if the material of your keyboard is textured and not smooth Worth a try on an unobtrusive area though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @socialgiraffe
    Yes, it's some sort of plastic. Would have to be some sort of cling material as any glue would probably leave a residue. Protective clear covers are available from one supplier, I just thought this could be something I could do with my cutter :)

@webtrekker
    The Yamaha Tyros 5 is amazing and I haven't even scratched the surface of its capabilities yet! The biggest issue I have right now is, full-time job, Stitch-Up shop and then family!!!

You're right, the material they use for screen protectors might be the deal for this - I'll have to source it in a roll. I'm sure I have some cling somewhere!!

Thanks both

John
    Last edited by Stitch Up; 27-11-2017 at 05:04 PM.
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.