Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Printer or cutter or both?
    By Amandavc in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-01-2017, 04:28 PM
  2. All in one printer/cutter
    By Bigd in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-11-2016, 10:02 AM
  3. Printer/Cutter what to go for?
    By Reading-Print in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-11-2015, 10:51 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  5. Combined printer cutter < 2m in physical width
    By ArferMo in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 26-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printer cutter or Separate printer and cutter

Hello all

In the process of deciding to buy a new printer and cutter but am also considering buying an all in one printer/cutter can anyone recommend a decent system?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Please scroll to the top of this page and view the 'Similar threads' section.

My personal choice would always be separate printer/cutter.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It all depends on what you want to do.

I personally favour the exact opposite to Webtrekker (printer and cutter all in one), but that does not mean to say I am right and he is wrong. We probably have different requirements which obviously influences the decisions we make.

More info would help anyone wanting to offer any opinion.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello Dye

It really all depends on your workflow and what you will be printing.

For example if its mainly garment decoration then print and cut would be beneficial so you don't need to take the media from one machine to another but if your looking to offer outdoor signage and will be laminating prints before cutting then having a printer and separate cutter would be a good option. Plus a printer/Cutter will only ever be printing or cutting not both.

If you would like more information or like to visit for a demo please let me know

Ricky
    Xpres

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You ask for recommendations.
    Roland probably dominate in textile print and cut - though there are other solutions.
    The older inks seem to have better reputation for long life than the newer versions.
    Many people have upgraded, and then had to spend big money to go back to earlier inks.
    The original EcoSol Max seems to be regarded as the best ......

New or second hand?
    Bigger is better, faster, more choices, but takes more space and costs more money...
    Choices choices.
    What are you expecting to do with it?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still on recommendations, let me draw your attention to FreeJet 330TX Plus Hybrid Screen. This is a system that allows you to skip pretreating and it is quite easy to register. Screen print the white layer and then print the full color with the FreeJet 330TX Plus. Using a screen printing method to take care of the white layer speeds up the production further by allowing you to keep the FreeJet in dual CMYK, increasing the speed of your production.
    This system is offered as a complete pro set up consisting of the printer, a Vastex 1000 high-end press, conveyor dryer, flash unit, and Work flow software. Check out this demo below.
    https://youtu.be/BbhsckeEiXw

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies

I want it to use this method for a variety of uses mainly garments and signs

Do I have to get get a solvent printer for printable vinyl for garments?

In my eyes all in one sounds good but what happens if it breaks down no cutter no printer which is why im straying towards a decnt cutter and a suitable printer that will enable me to print onto vinyl which can be pressed onto garments.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as logobear says really. If your worried about solvent printer breakdowns which are rare you might buy an additional cutter, if you buy a cutter and that breaks your in the same situation. Size is determined by space, I've a signwriter friend who does cut vinyl only and says a 600 cutter is plenty good enough for his trade and wastage is minimal. He can't print anything but then as a signwriter you'd need a laminator as well! You could buy a cutter and farm out any print and cut to see how it goes. I chose print and cut and glad I did.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    a 600 cutter is fine - use 500mm media - gives about 475 usable
    for print and cut, wider gives you more media options.
    even on 750 - some limitatiuons - 1100 and over has most choice - or so it seems
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A dedicated printer/cutter is fine if all you're ever going to do is kiss-cut vinyl, but once you realise the power of a cutter you may want to branch out into other areas which involve cutting materials other than vinyl and cutting them out, not just kiss-cutting them. For this you'd need a cutter that used a mat.

For instance, although I can do everything a BN-20 does, and much faster, I can also print & cut other, thicker materials. One of my products is magnetic party invitations which I cut out of 650gsm printable magnetic sheets. I print them, with registration marks, on my Canon Pixma ix6850 inkjet and cut them on my Silver Bullet. They are popular, good profit and a nice little addition to keep some cash flowing in.