Sorry for the really obvious newbie questions!!
When you pre-heat - are these with out the printed designs on? (I’m just wondering if it’s easy to handle he warmed mugs without heat resistant gloves / how easy it is to get the design on if they are warm?!)
Also -I’m finding that wig my mug press (Galaxy Pro) I cant print within about 1.5cm of the handle either side - otherwise the print fades, usually in the corners.... Not sure whether this is the element (it is a second hand press) or whether I’ve not got the pressure right (I keep thinking I’ll crush a mug at some point!) - so I’m intrigued by the silicone wrap in the oven process... does the timings need to be a lot longer?

sorry for jumping on this thread - just the suggestions are things im struggling with at the moment!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
I preheat my mugs to 110 deg C in another press before pressing at 180/180 in my main press, however, even then, I can't print too close to the top or bottom, or too near the handle. I now find silicone wraps in an oven a much better alternative to a mug press, especially when I need full-area images.