Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Brother DCP - J4120 mixed feelings
    By Customprintwales in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2017, 03:25 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 08:00 AM
  3. Brother dtg Printer
    By tracyreed in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-12-2014, 01:35 PM
  4. Brother Printer
    By R.Prints in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-03-2013, 11:12 PM
  5. Which A4 Brother Printer ?
    By meldean in forum Printers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 21-11-2012, 09:38 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother J4120 printer pad full hack

After just 146 A3 prints on the Brother J4120 the printer packed up with the absorbent pad full error.

Not a surprise really considering the number of head clean cycles it has undertaken. The pump on the Brothers really in not strong enough for sublimation ink.

Searched high and low for a solution on the internet but this model does not seem to have any answers to how to get around the problem. Here's a temporary solution if you have one of these printers - it might work with other brother printers with a touchscreen rather than manual buttons which has loads of solutions on the web.

This is the process:

Hold the home button down for about 5 seconds until the maintenance menu comes up.

Hold the bottom rectangle section down which is blank for about 5 seconds until the maintenance number pad appears.

then press *2864

this should show maintenance at the top left corner.

then press *80

this should show a number and letter code at the top. Use the >> button to go to the screen with up down cursers in the top left corner.

press the down curser quite a few times until you reach Purge

press 2783 this should reset the first purge setting back to 00000

you will then be back at maintenance so press *80 again and scroll through until the reach the SEN PURGE which is after the previous PURGE

press 2783 again and this should reset this purge to 0000 also.

press 99 to leave maintenance menu.

This is only a short term fix as you will get a notification that the absorbent pad is almost full but it will see you through for one or two more head clean cycles.

I can understand why the Brothers are not supported. I don't think the printers have the pump power to keep the head primed with thicker ink.

Hope it helps someone.
    Last edited by Customprintwales; 28-12-2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: found the code to leave maintenance - don't need to unplug now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you did well for reaching to the point of actually using this printer for sublimation

i can't even reach there .

for a reason or another , although i'm printing with sublimation ink that worked fine in my epsons ( wf7715 , xp 445 , xp435 i think ? and some others ) , when i print with the j4120dw you can't really tell the difference between the sublimation ink and regular ink . Then , when i try to put them onto mugs , the paper almost sticks to the mug and i get almost no transfer at all .

Do i need any special settings for it or something ? as i remember some while ago , before i bought it , i read somewhere that the printhead in these printers its some kind of mixed . if i remember right they were saying that the ink is first heated up before printing .

Did u had any similar issues ?

I know its a 3 years topic , but anyone is welcomed to reply with an opinion .
    cheers