Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Thread: Well, hello!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Well, hello!!

Hi folks,

I'm Sean, and I'll be your tour guide for thi...wait, wrong spiel...

Decided to join up after stumbling across this forum whilst looking at stuff for my other half.
    She's looking at restarting an old business of hers - nothing massive, just a little hobby earning a couple of quid - primarily she wants to keep her mind occupied!

A few years ago (well before I knew her) she made custom jewelry and other little bits & bobs. Now, she's doing home decor bits. And me being the slightly geeky sod I am, may have possibly encouraged her to look at doing a few mugs as a trial...

Admittedly, the kit we have so far is basic and 2nd hand, however for what we want at the moment - it's worth it (eBay & Facebook finds, mug press, printer, ink & paper all for under £100).

As for me, I'm actually a sailor (big grey ships, but not Royal Navy) and I'm stuck in Falmouth on ship for a couple of months. At least I'm not Duty Officer tomorrow...today & Boxing Day - then no more duties 'til new year :D

If it turns out Clare enjoys and is good at it, then I may very well start rounding up a little business from work - we're all nutters who hate our ships, but we're immensely proud of them!

Our intentions are still to keep things small - I think we'd start resenting it if it became anything more than a hobby. Hopefully, a self-funding hobby. Still cheaper than going out on the lash every weekend though!

I may very well quiet after posting this (work, apparently I can't just sit in my cabin all day scratching my bum and browsing the interwebs?). However, I will be reading through many, many threads to glean as much info as I can (in my off-hours of course). Soo, in advance - I'd like to thank all of you who've posted useful & constructive posts!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Sean, cracking intro!

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!