Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Thread: Hello All!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello All!

I joined a while back but didn't make a proper intro and was mostly reading extensively on the wealth of information and advice here, which was very helpful! So thank you all!

Me and a couple of friends started the sublimation thing early this year and we're now able to get really good prints on our mugs and other items. (DSF had a big hand it in so thanks!) We started off the budget route (Chinese press, inks etc) but we're slowly improving things, and switched to truepix paper and next is to use inktec inks instead of the Chinese stuff, and maybe one day upgrading equipment. Even with the ICC profiles that we had custom made by City Ink (who were very accommodating) we're very close but we could probably do better with colour accuracy. The tricky part is how we're gonna swap the inks over but I'll leave that to another post.

Equipment wise we've got a Chinese mug press attachment and a a flat base, and Epson 1500w printer w/ CISS. It does ok but for some reason likes to clog with the cyan. As long as we print something every couple of days it seems to cooperate but it does need a lot of TLC lol.

Anyway, great to be here!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome to the forum :-)

Good to hear you're on the upgrade path already. Cyan is always the colour that causes issues, seen that in soooo many printers over the years it's very strange.

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!