Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. blocked epson 1400
    By eburb in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 01:40 PM
  2. Problems with Epson 1400 printer - second hand equipment!
    By Janjan in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Last Post: 14-05-2012, 01:39 PM
  3. epson 1400 printer
    By valentine rhodes in forum Printers
    Last Post: 26-03-2011, 01:56 PM
  4. Cheap EPSON 1400 A3 printer !!!
    By kris_hm in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 12:46 PM
  5. Epson 1400 Printer For Sale, GOING...GONE! NOW SOLD
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epson 1400 (Chromablast) Printer blocked Dark Cyan

Hi all,

I have issues with my epson 1400 (running the Chromablast System) in so much as the dark cyan is partially blocked (about 60%).

I have ran a few (about 10 now today) head cleaning cycles to no avail and it really affects the print outs. It was ok yesterday - don't know why it's decided to play faulty today when I have some stuff to do.

I have read on the interweb about running a dark cyan test print through it (so it only sends out ink through those specific nozzles) and that didn't work.

I have also read about getting a piece kitchen roll with 100% alcohol on it and parking the heads over it for a few minutes to hopefully release the blockage .............. I haven't done this as I'm not sure if it'll work.

Can anyone help or advise please? (and if so, how do I do this as Carlsberg is only about 4% alcolhol - only kidding, where do I get 100% alcohol from?).

???

Adam
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Re: Epson 1400 (Chromablast) Printer blocked Dark Cyan

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB
    I have ran a few (about 10 now today) head cleaning cycles to no avail and it really affects the print outs.

:shock: :o Dont doo more then 3! you can flood the printer. if not helped then leave it for couple of hours and try again. but never, ever run 10 head cleans :o

I have read on the interweb about running a dark cyan test print through it (so it only sends out ink through those specific nozzles) and that didn't work.

I have also read about getting a piece kitchen roll with 100% alcohol on it and parking the heads over it for a few minutes to hopefully release the blockage .............. I haven't done this as I'm not sure if it'll work.
    somone on here said to spray window cleaner on photo paper then print full page. i also heard that works from few people. never tryed as I never had this problem though...

where do I get 100% alcohol from?.
    Adam
    russia, poland, ukraine and other east european countrys sell spirit. its this same stuff as in vodka but with no water. is 96%. do not drink it lol :)
    you can not find 100% alcochol as it would evaporate after you open the bottle :D

all the best ;)

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply Paul.

I said that I'd done a head clean about 10 times yesterday but it was a long day and it probably only about 5-6 times starting from 5am to about 10pm, with many test prints before hand.

I have read that just cleaning - cleaning - cleaning can make a problem worse so that's the last thing that I want to happen.

So, I have tried the 'window cleaner' on a sheet of photo paper thinymebob to no avail ............ anyone else got any ideas apart from taking out the printer head to give it a clean - which is the last thing I want to do (as it's a pain and because it'll void my warranty!).

Anyone please?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

where did you get the printer and inks from??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    where did you get the printer and inks from??
    Martin (BMS)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just read that spraying some kitchen roll with window cleaner and parking the heads over it for an hour could work ................ anyone heard or tried this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

so if your printer is suppotetd and you bought it from official supplier you should be able to send it back for fix. I would do that. coz if you start mess with the printer heads and you make oit wors then no one may be able to fix it for you and you will lose lot of money.

this is interesting reading about suporting printers:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    but this way every one would have free choose of what printer they want to buy. so you dont have to stock them. you can have couple if you want and promote them.
    any way... what kind of warranty do I have? Is that true that if I use sublimation ink in one of my epson I loos warranty? if so. if anything goes wrong etc... will you (as a supplier) fix the printer for me? or will sawgrass do it? Thats what I call support.
    Quote Originally Posted by bms
    Is that true that if I use sublimation ink in one of my epson I loos warranty? if so. if anything goes wrong etc... will you (as a supplier) fix the printer for me? or will sawgrass do it? Thats what I call support.
    Evidence suggests the answer to both those questions is "Yes"
    Quote Originally Posted by bms
    so... I can buy lets say B1100 in PC WORLD. convert it in to sublimation printer with artanium inks. if printer broke down I can send it to sawgrass? As they claim that B1100 is "supported printer"
    If you buy a printer and ink package from a distributor, and the printer fails because of the ink within the first 12 months, and Epson/ Ricoh will not repair it then my experience has been that Sawgrass will step in - had it once with a Ricoh GX7000. If the manufacturer says it will work, and it doesn't, then you have recourse from the distributor/ Sawgrass.

Same applies to JetTec compatible ink in printers - the manufacturer if the ink guarantees the ink will work and if the printer clogs because of the ink, and the ink is purchased from an authorised distributor, then the manufacturer of the ink will repair/ replace the printer.

If you buy your inks/ printers from other sources apart from the authorised distributors then you may not be covered by such comprehensive support.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes a poor nozzle check has nothing to do with the nozzle being blocked.

It could happen because of trapped air in the printhead that can't get out, but it's enough to stop ink getting in. I've seen this a number of times on Epson printers using third-party inks (it's more likely to occur if you're taking out cartridges and replacing them).

Another reason could be a vacuum build up in your CISS (if you're using a CISS) or ink cartridge. When the printer sucks ink out of the cartridge, air needs to get in the other end to replace it. Otherwise you're creating a vacuum and, eventually, the vacuum becomes too great for the printer to pull against it and so no ink flows.

I've had this on my Epson 1400 with Artanium Easyflow on the cyan ink. I couldn't figure out what the problem was at first. Eventually I solved it by removing the refill bung from the cyan tank of the CISS. The problem didn't recur which suggests to me that the air filter is either faulty or a poor design that's not letting enough air into the tank. In this case, no amount of head-cleaning would have solved anything because the problem was with the CISS and with the vacuum being created.

So don't automatically blame the printer or "blocked nozzles". Dirt or dried ink on the nozzles is one possible cause of your problem, but it's by no means the only possible cause.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing to do would be to attempt to pull the ink through and re-prime the cyan cartridge. Using the syringe with the sharp needle you go through the rubber bung that is between where the tubes enter the cartridge and the chips - you'll see a circular bung with a centre indentation. Go through this and pull back on the syringe - this should pull any air out of the cartridge and refill with ink by pulling it through from the bottles. Assuming this works then you may want to perform a couple of head cleans and nozzle checks to see if the ink is coming through.

If when you're doing this all you feel is a vacuum forming and the syringe body just sucks back then there may be a blockage - most common point is where the lock nuts are in the tubes - undo and ensure you can pull ink from the bottles to the connector and also the other way. Reconnect and re-prime if necessary as per above.

Finally you may want to rule out the printer as a problem - remove the CISS and instead put in the genuine Epson cartridges. Does it print? If so then the printer is okay, it's ink flow through the system that is the problem.

If, with the genuine carts in the printer it still won't work then you can take the printer to a local Epson support centre (details on Epson's website) for locations. They will test and if they can't get it to work then the Epson warranty will kick in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys ........... I will give you advice a go and let you know how I got on.

Many thanks

Adam

:-)