Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. picture too light
    By Mumfy in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-12-2014, 10:36 PM
  2. For Sale Inkjet dark dark for sale
    By Jason in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-09-2012, 11:47 AM
  3. Sold Artainium Ink - Light Magenta & Light Cyan
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-02-2012, 10:26 PM
  4. light and dark paper, difference?
    By uk1simon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 03:50 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-02-2011, 08:39 PM

Thread: Light on Dark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Light on Dark

All you guys may well be able to advise me on this query.......................I hope :shock:

In the past I produced my designs through a printer as I liked the screen printed white or silver onto dark shirts. However, as no doubt we all know, set up costs and minimum runs can be pricey when you don't have any large order placed to offset the cost.
    Therefore I have tried screen printing myself which, is totally impractical for my needs and therefore have turned to dye sub which I find is really great and it doesn't matter whether I want 1 or 100 shirts..........really good.
    My question is, as we all know....I think......the drawback is that we can't do white/silver onto darker garments so, is there a viable alternative where light colours/white can somehow be put onto a darker shirt using my heat press, my designs are not text only but pictured designs. :o

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Light on Dark

This is the Holy Grail of sub-dye i think. :)

To do any colour designs you would need a direct to garment printer. John from Stitch Up (here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=464) has one. i think he can add more info to your question. Bit pricey though, but if you have the market then itll pay itself off in no time.

The only other way is to print your design onto a textile vinyl like 'C-Print New' (from Grafityp Uk) and then press that on using your shirt press. This is what I use for my shirts but large rectangles or squares dont look that good, even with a cool design. I have a cutter/printer machine so i can at least do complicated cut outs e.g. text and a design but even then you can still feel the print when you wear the shirt, although its not that bad really.

---

I think the solution to the Holy Grail of sub-dye onto dark clothing will come when one could use a sheet of white as a base layer (as a 1st press) and then the full colour print could be overlaid onto the previous white layer. ..... :ugeek: anyone got a few 1000 to spend on development lol?

Dave.