Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Shop Software
    By pisquee in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18-02-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. sign software and surname software query.
    By sarahjayne in forum Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 04:34 PM
  3. shop software
    By smitch6 in forum Software
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25-02-2011, 07:56 PM
  4. Recommendations please
    By Kaz in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 21-08-2010, 05:44 PM
  5. recommendations
    By Greensleeves in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 28-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Best Shop Software - any recommendations?

Hi all,

I need to set up a couple of shops and wanted to know if there was any recommendations from anyone using/having experience in any?

I can do we design so that side of things isn't a problem. I can do joomla etc so I can add a shop into a site using that but it's all about time really and how long it will take to set it up.

Ideally, I'd like to have a shop that can intrigrate payments but I know this will mean my hosting package will need to be on a secure server so I am looking at other options including just using PayPal as this will take people to PayPal for the check out.

I'd very much like to hear peoples views/recommendations - I have been looking at prestashop ................ anyone used it?

Or even recommend a seperate site with server that I build the shop up and are charged monthly for it?

Adam

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still use ZenCart, but I'd be very interested to hear of your experiences with Prestashop if you go with it.

I understand it's quite new, so it should be quite interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zen is a rock solid platform, although it is getting a little long in the tooth and the overlong checkout process can put some buyers off. Prestashop is ok, although half the forum entries are in French.

Others to consider are OpenCart, AgoraCart and PayPal Shop Maker.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DREAMGLASS View Post
    Zen is a rock solid platform, although it is getting a little long in the tooth
    Agreed. That's pretty much why I'm interested in the newer ones that don't have years of baggage behind them (particularly the free ones!).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cubecart all the way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we use prestashop, think it's a great system never had any problems and can add upload function so customers can add photo's and text.
    Matthew
    Someone knocked over my recycle bin... there are icons all over my desktop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use prestashop im waiting to have it updated as the newest version is not fully supported at the moment, my main gripe would be customers have to register to buy, there is no one stop click shop, but thats available on the new upgrade. i host with servage, who i have found to be excellent, email and everything, good response to problems that i have encountered (my fault not theirs)
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I had a look at prestashop and I realy likr the way it look and work. all nice and very simple but... I am selling digital downloads. Prestashop allow to sell digital downloads but when you adding new product you have to upload file to the server :( it wont allow me to use external link from secured server :( so this is NO for presta shop at the moment from me.

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alligiftor View Post
    we use prestashop, think it's a great system never had any problems and can add upload function so customers can add photo's and text.
    Who are you hosted with Matthew if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    ..... my main gripe would be customers have to register to buy, there is no one stop click shop ....
    What? You mean a customer has to register with Prestashop before they can purchase?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of shopping carts require you to register. Some won't even allow you to see what the shipping costs are until you register. Probably explains why shopping cart abandonment can be as high as sixty percent on some sites.

Most customers just want to add items to a cart, then go straight out to PayPal or similar WITHOUT filling out pages of forms to get there.