Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Shop Software
    By pisquee in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18-02-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. sign software and surname software query.
    By sarahjayne in forum Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 04:34 PM
  3. shop software
    By smitch6 in forum Software
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25-02-2011, 07:56 PM
  4. Recommendations please
    By Kaz in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 21-08-2010, 05:44 PM
  5. recommendations
    By Greensleeves in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 28-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has Prestashop got the option to skip straight through to make a payment via PayPal?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cube cart for me. V3 is still free i think

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no you still at the moment have to register on the site at checkout even if you are paying using paypal, with the new version they will have one step check out via paypal as per my earlier post
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    the new version they will have one step check out via paypal as per my earlier post
    Does this mean that customers don't have an account on your website that they log in to?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, it will mean that they dont have to register to the site, they can just check out, as mentioned on here before, people sometimes cant be bothered/dont want to register so you loose them. but with the new version, they can just check out, using their paypal account.

here is servage that i use for hosting - great package http://servage.net/
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently evaluating a 'straight to payment processor' cart, where the buyer selects a shipping destination from the dropdown on the cart page, which I currently have set up as UK only, Europe and rest of world, which equates to the three Royal Mail pricing bands. The totals are dynamically updated and the buyer just clicks the PayPal or Google Checkout button to go out and pay.

For the customer it is blisteringly quick and for the shop owner it means less potential cart abandonment AND no more cleaning bogus entries from your databases. On the downside there is no 'backend' to the cart, meaning customers can't input a separate shipping address on your site and there are no sales reports etc. There is a transaction logging facility, but you are still dependant on the payment provider informing you that you have a sale.

I primarily use PayPal as my payment processor, as I don't accept cheques from anyone (hate wasting my time in banks). With PayPal having over 100 MILLION account holders, that information is already stored on their servers, so for many customers it would just be a pointless chore. I am sure most customers just want to click and pay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mm, thats one of the things i like about prestashop is the amount of information i get, and notification of payment delivery details etc, and quite often a note telling me its for a birthday present of whatever. i use paypal on my checkout at the moment, but i also take cheques, and i am amazed at how many i still get, i have to go to the post office to post products anyway so it takes no longer to pay in cheques to my co-operative business account, as you use the post office for paying in

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the reasons cited for shopping cart abandonment are overlong checkout processes, sites that require you create an account to purchase, sites that require too much personal information (phone numbers are a personal pet hate) and non transparent shipping costs. I think the latter refers to carts that don't put the shipping costs on the cart BEFORE you register.

A lot depends on what you are selling I guess, whether most customers are definitely going to be repeat purchasers and more importantly how much they want the item. If it is something you are desperate for such as an essentially needed spare for a household appliance you will probably fill all the pages of forms out, if it is an implulse buy, there is more chance of people changing their minds through the checkout process.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these "quick payment" processes optional, and can a customer chose to create an account if they wish?

I have a number of returning customers who I give a discount to. This discount is automatically applied online, but the website needs to know who they are to apply it. If they didn't log in, they wouldn't get the discount.

On the subject of too much personal information (such as phone numbers), courier deliveries require the recipient's telephone number. If you don't have it, you're stuck.

An online account can also be updated with a status of the order. With so many people using hotmail email addresses that they never check, there needs to be some way for the customer to check on the progress of their order. Whenever I ship out orders, I update the status with the tracking number. Can that be done without an online account?

In principle, a faster checkout would be preferable but, in practice, I'm not sure the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. It would only make sense if the shopping cart software offered both options, so that the choice is available to the customer once they are made aware of the pros and cons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    On the subject of too much personal information (such as phone numbers), courier deliveries require the recipient's telephone number. If you don't have it, you're stuck.
    Whilst that is true, by the same token many people shop online as they don't want to be harassed by sales people. Most companies will only use a telephone number for legitimate order processing, there are also some companies that will use phone numbers to endlessly pester customers with unwanted follow on sales calls.

At the end of the day, it is about using the cart solution that is most appropriate to the items you are selling on a particular site. If you are selling an item that is an impulse purchase, then whatever you can do to propel customers through the checkout process before they change their mind, is a definite plus point.