Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Lighters
    By sheryl_1975 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-10-2013, 08:24 PM
  2. Lighters
    By sheryl_1975 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-10-2013, 12:21 PM
  3. Printing on Lighters (The Windproof Kind)
    By tonyutero in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 07:21 AM
  4. Zippo Lighters
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 10:15 AM
  5. Windproof lighter
    By gorgall in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-11-2009, 08:00 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windproof Lighters

does anybody know of any sort of copyright used for the sublimation windproof lighters? (similar design to the world famous windproof lighter)
    I am enquiring as the world famous windproof company recently advised me to stop selling and buying these lighters as they have a copyright for the shape and the ones i was selling are same style.
    If anybody could help me out on this question i would be very grateful
    Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was this off e-bay by any chance?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Please take a minute to introduce yourself in our new members area, we like to get to know our members ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes this was off ebay

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I was waiting on your 'intro post' as Justin suggested - it's nice to know who we talk to you see.

I asked about e-bay as I had a couple removed in the same way a few months ago and had the same e-mail you had (I know it's the same as I'll explain later).

I was careful not to mention the word 'Zippo' in the listing as they were not and I listed them as 'wind proof lighters'. I checked fleabay and there were hundreds of other listings, all of 'windproof lighters'.

The next day, listing removed due to violation. I took the naughty boy ebay tutorial and then re-listed the lighter after checking again .............. BAM ............ removed again!

So I did a bit of research and found out that Zippo have a copyright on the shape, design and how it works in the UK, so you cannot list any on ebay.co.uk. BUT, I also know sellers from the USA are having their listings removed.

Now, I also know that there are hundreds of 'windproof lighters' still on ebay .................. why, I don't know?

But, after reading about the copyright thing I steered away from it .............. !
    Last edited by AdamB; 06-01-2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: I can't spell!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi AdamB.
    Sounds exactlly what happened to you has happened to me.
    I even got in touch with zippo and asked them why so many people on ebay are selling windproof lighters and i am still waiting for there reply.
    i was also told to stop selling, buying and importing these lighters. the lighters that are sold in the USA dont seem to have this copyright (as told by a usa sublimation supplier) as there top of there lighter is different but as to yet all uk suppliers i use are same shape as zippo.
    i put the lighters on twice and got the ebay email saying i am in violation even though zippo was not mentioned so i have not put them on since, but it is just a bit naff that you cant sell these even though others get away with selling them and mentioning the name zippo in the description