Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Start up kit arrived!
    By melridd in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 12:42 PM
  2. New toys arrived!!
    By smo in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  3. cutter arrived and set up.. after fix!
    By ssp in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  4. My printer has arrived!
    By twinsgran in forum Printers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 29-11-2012, 07:49 PM
  5. My Ricoh has arrived!!!
    By Mark Clayton in forum Printers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

New Cutter has arrived! MH-721

Cutter arrived today, incredibly quick delivery. Very well packaged. Bought from Cutter Plotters (www.cutterplotter.co.uk) for £225 delivered.

Everything I need included in the box, power/serial & usb cables (yes this cutter has usb connection!) software cd's, 3 roland blades. Even a dust cover.

Initial thoughts, I'm surprised by the build quality, it's better than I had expected. Yes, it's a budget machine but certainly looks and feels more than it's price tag.

Assembled the stand with relative ease, sturdy enough for the job but I won't be sitting on it. Stand has 2 rollers at the back to hold the vinyl roll which will be very useful.

Set the needle up, different from others I've used in the past so took a little time to get this right. Plugged in, switched on and ran a test using the onboard test facility, worked a treat. This model has a small screen which shows usual info. and controls proved very easy to use straight away.

Connected it to my PC via the USB cable and installed supplied software. Again, pretty straightforward. Yet to try it through my usual software but this shouldn't prove too difficult.

Close up inspection of the cut material and the edge doesn't always appear to be perfectly straight, perhaps a little jagged but I'm really nit picking here. I think I can cure this through pressure and speed adjustment, maybe even adjustment on the needle.

Overall I'm really pleased so far. Time will tell over reliability etc. but so far so good! Here's a few stock photo's:

mh721f.jpgmh721g.jpgmh721b.jpgmh721a.jpgmh721c.jpg
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    well done mate!
    with what cuting software this cuter arrived Justin?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Easy Cut & Flexi Sign....just working on getting it to cut direct from CDraw.

Have to say that initial setup has been hampered a little by poor instructions, bad translations. If I'd never worked with cutters/software. it would be a struggle. I've emailed support for help and whilst the response has been quick, again this has been quite confusing so far. Pretty much expected this, it's not a major problem, just a little frustrating.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I love to cut dtright from corel but I have flexe so is good too. how comes you can print from corel ? :) have you got some magic plug in? if so can I have it as it looks like we gotsame cutters. :) well... same mother boards :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Supposed to be able to install a driver and cut direct from CDraw. Supplier has emailed me links to download drivers as I'm struggling to get them working from the CD. I have the video showing me how to set-up CDraw but the other links aren't working.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    ooooo so I think i know what you trying to do :) cut through the corelDraw as a printer :) I would not bother if I'll be you :) better use propper soft.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Why? This is how I used to do it with my Roland cutter. Doesn't matter either way, easy enough to import into other software, just like to get it working :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be of help to you I've been using the 360 version of this machine for the last 3 years at speed of 310 and pressure at 70 it cuts quite smooth.
    Reg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Cheers Reg. At the moment its set at 300, pressure I seem to be getting away with 30/40 which seems a bit low. Not 100% sure I have the needle right but it's cutting very well right now and not going right through.

I've sorted printing direct from CorelDraw and this works well also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To set the needle take it out of the cutter and drag across a piece of vinyl and adjust till it just marks the backing paper it saves a lot of messing about in testing.
    Reg