Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Start up kit arrived!
    By melridd in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 12:42 PM
  2. New toys arrived!!
    By smo in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  3. cutter arrived and set up.. after fix!
    By ssp in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  4. My printer has arrived!
    By twinsgran in forum Printers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 29-11-2012, 07:49 PM
  5. My Ricoh has arrived!!!
    By Mark Clayton in forum Printers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    barry, are you saving you images in the right format in corel they need to be CMX or the cutter wont see them
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barryslip View Post
    I've just received the same cutter too!

Using signblazer, I've written some simple text and sent to the cutter, allbeit using the pen rather than the blade.

I've been reading on this and other forums about the need to design in Corel Draw (I have version 10), export to .EPS, import into signblazer and cut. Simple! Well.... I have no experience with Corel Draw so must be doing something wrong. In Cdraw I've imported a clipart image of a deer (it looks like a stag for a stag-do shirt!). It's a colour clipart. I've exported to EPS, imported into Signblazer but it's still a solid coloured image. Will Signblazer cut the outline, or do I need to do somthing in Cdraw first (Vectorise? - whatever that is).

Any help gratefully received.

Barry
    I know this is an old thread but you can't just import a JPG/BMP/GIF or whatever and just export it to another format, it doesn't make it that format. A cutter will only cutter a vectorised image which contains nodes etc, a jpg is made up of pixels which is fine for a printer but a cutter can't interpret pixels into lines. Basically you can't import a JPG and export it to .MPG to make it a movie!!

Thankfully i'm just about to ditch my MH721 to replace with a graphtec. Its a reasonable machine for the price but is really only suited for small graphics, try running something 610 x 2000 and you will see its very poor at tracking, thats if it doesn't run out of memory half way through and just start slicing where it wants. These machines are very hit and miss I don't think they have any quality control over them what so ever. The Uscutter forum is one of the best for support I have found as they sell the same cutter, infact lots of people sell exactly the same cutter but just rename it. In all seriousness this is a hobby cutter but at the cost there is no reason why you shouldn't make your money back several times over, its almost a disposable item lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    How do you geting on with conour cutting on your cutter justin??
    Never done any Paul. The so called 'optical eye' packed up soon after purchase. The waste of space eBay dealer I bought off said it wasn't an optical eye anyway and you don't need it to contour cut. This after I paid slightly more to get the eye! He tried to talk me through the process of contour cutting but got very confused, much the same as when he tried to talk me through setting the cutter up.

I've not used the cutter itself for months anyway but would like to have a go at contour cutting on it when i get a spare fortnight to work it out!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    :) yeee seller was righ that they dont have optical eye :( they use laser point thingy. you need to direct laser on reg marks and off it gooo :) not bad but need to train my eye to position it accurately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    It was sold to me as having an optical eye. I could see immediately it wasn't an optical eye! This is what packed up Paul. he claims you don't need it...so how on earth you do contour is beyond me! Don't think I'll bother which is a shame because I'd like to be able to do small transfers again.

I need to save and get hold of a better cutter longer term, as we always say, no substitute for decent equipment! This one has at least paid for itself.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    well.. you can contour cut with no laser but you need to position the blade damn spot on on the reg mark. i think it will be dificult but can be done...
    o well... thanks god it payed for itself so you got free cutter now :D
    Last edited by Paul; 19-08-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I think this is what he was trying to tell me. I miss my Roland cutter......sold 2 of them now...why oh why! lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never done contour cutting but this may be a way round it if you don't have an optical eye - not sure how to set the origin as 00 though!

http://www.wraptips.com/poor-mans-contour-cut-for-vinyl-decals/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    i think is worth to mention there is no such a chinese cutter that got optical eye. I this this is only reserved fo roland and graphtec. rest of them got laser point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Justin
    can I ask how you MH721 is performing please? I'm thinking of getting one to get started, I know it won't be the same as the Roland I use in work but I just want it to get me going..
    it seems (ebay: rising_computer) seems to be selling quite a few..
    did you ever find a manual for it also?
    cheers