Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ricoh or Epson Sublimation Printer

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 20-01-2014, 11:33 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 12:04 PM
  3. Epson to Ricoh
    By Dave271069 in forum Printers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 24-11-2012, 07:03 AM
  4. Ricoh or Epson?
    By Earl Smith in forum Printers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 29-07-2012, 03:14 PM
  5. Epson B1100 Stylus Printer - new A3+ printer
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricoh OR Epson ??? New Printer Which to Buy?

Hi guys, newbie on the forum, but been doing sublimation a few years.
    Over the years i have used epson printers and have probably gone through 3 in last 30 months, started with C46, D92 and currently using D120 with ciss. the c46 & d92 were used using refillables and d120 a ciss, teh first 2 printers stopped working after about 8-9 month due to clogging and head cleaning wasnt enough, dont get me wrong they were only cheap printers and they did quite a few prints, the d120 cost me a little more and has done 2-3000 mugs (approx 1200 full colour pages) and this morning decided just not to turn on. (ive tried everything, new fuse in plug, new printer lead, but it just wont turn on) so i have to buy a new printer and not sure which to go for...

Shall i buy a Ricoh GXe3300N or another epson with ciss kit?

I have read a few reviews on the ricoh and the majority is good but there are a few negative storys, with only having knowledge of using epson printers i have found them pretty easy to set up and print etc, not having to install profiles and still getting perfect prints, but i'm fed up of the blockages every other day and the paper waste with miscoloured prints.

Is the ricoh as easy to setup and does how does the print quality compare to epson printers? i print mainly mugs but the occassional mousemat and t shirt.

Sorry the post has gone on for a while but your comments and advice are very much apprieciated.

Thanks

Munk3y

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had a Ricoh so I would have to pick an Epson.
    Ride it like you stole it shiny side up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are thinking of a replacement A4 printer then your options are going to be limited to the Ricoh GXe3300 VERY soon. The B40W is now discontinued by Epson and unless suppliers are holding stock of that printer then it will soon become very difficult to source.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes its A4 printer i require, ive been looking at the Ricoh GXe3300, and that would probably be the one i go for, unfortuanatly i need to order this today, and i just wanted the replacement to be as easy to use as the epson D120 i currently used.

Martin, i'll be calling shortly for a quick chat before i place the order if thats ok.

From reading the forums, am i right in saying that the ricoh's dont get their heads blocked like the epson's? as that was my biggest bug bare having to clean the heads every other day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    If you are thinking of a replacement A4 printer then your options are going to be limited to the Ricoh GXe3300 VERY soon. The B40W is now discontinued by Epson and unless suppliers are holding stock of that printer then it will soon become very difficult to source.
    Out of curiosity, do you know how long it'll take Sawgrass to support the replacement model? I take it they're just going to go with the B42WD and not look at any of the other possibilities?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a Ricoh, never had an Epson, so I'd be going for another Ricoh :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just ordered the Ricoh GXe3300N from BMS, fingers crossed will be here in the morning, will let you know how i get on.
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by munk3y View Post
    From reading the forums, am i right in saying that the ricoh's dont get their heads blocked like the epson's? as that was my biggest bug bare having to clean the heads every other day.
    I use an Epson S21 & never had a blockage since buying it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use three Epson A3s and a Brother A4. Each have their quirks but, like all equipment, you learn to work with them. If you expect to buy equipment that will never develop an issue, then you're going to be disappointed at some stage. After all, all dye-sublimation printers require you to put third-party ink into a printer that was never designed for it. Square peg in round hole.

If going for a supported option today, I'd imagine that the best printers to go for would be the Ricoh for A4 and Epson for A3 (because Ricoh A4 is similarly priced to the supported Epson A4, but the Epson A3 is significantly cheaper than the Ricoh A3 and the Epson A3 supports larger paper size than Ricoh A3).

That said, if you don't want to be restricted to the supported options, the world's your oyster.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a D88 setup whch was pretty good. It died, so got a D120 - worse thing i ever did. More trouble than it was worth, ditched it after 9 months due to blockages and all that ciss hassle. Bought the Ricoh and it is brilliant. No mess. It has jammed once in 8 months. Never had to do anything else to it. They are faster by a mile. I think it probably works out about 20% dearer to run. I would never never go back.