Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Polyester vinyl
    By Quinsfan in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-10-2015, 05:48 PM
  2. red polyester
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-03-2013, 01:11 AM
  3. Polyester Hoodies
    By bangordave in forum Clothing
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 30-09-2011, 11:53 PM
  4. Polyester .................. 50/50 - 60/40 - 100%
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-02-2011, 06:23 PM
  5. Polyester flags
    By draig in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, but i'm doing dye sub :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok (sorry) ..................... time and temp ok for sublimation, if you've built up the area and are avoiding heat on the drawstring (and other parts that melt) then you need to reduce the pressure a little to see if this deters the marks of the mouse mat but still sublimates a decent image.

When I first started I went for a press with multiple bases that could be changed .................. it's been worth it's weight in gold (especially for things like this).
    Last edited by AdamB; 25-03-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spelling - bratty fingers again!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you are right Adam, I should invest in another table, phoned Adkins and they want £100 plus delivery and I am just skepticle that I will have the same problem with lines after forking out the dosh for one job! Or am I being a cheapskate ?
    I probably won't need it again, I have another heat press with a base that is 10mm to small, typical!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    I think that I've used the same bags (from a different source though). When I did them I changed the plate on my press to only press to the centre of the bag (you could also pad it out with mouse mats as you say), and temp and time was 160 degrees for 10-15 seconds. Using such a short time you have to get the pressure right, not enough and the vinyl (or flex as some like to say) won't stick.
    With flex do you find it "puckers" after a certain time (too long, too short?) - I was trying out some polyester/nylon gym drawstring bags with mouse mat padding but after 15 seconds the flex was puckering and didnt stick properly at the edges. Do you know if that would mean more heat (currently doing 160 @ 15 secs) or longer time or more pressure?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you are talking about nylon bags with the hot flex i don't think that works you need nylo flex, sorry if i'm mistaken, just got back from fantastic ride on motorbike and just dived into workshop to get changed and quickly glanced at forum

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    press lines are a much discussed problem with sublimation that unfortunatly hasnt really been solved. try tearing around the edge of the paper rather than cutting it this helps though doesnt totally solve it.