Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Corel draw, which one?
    By viccar in forum Software
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-04-2018, 01:08 PM
  2. Corel Draw X6 help
    By mrs maggot in forum Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-05-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Corel Draw
    By jennywren in forum Software
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 27-10-2011, 10:09 PM
  4. Corel draw x5
    By Cheshire cat in forum Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-08-2010, 03:13 PM
  5. corelDraw tutorial - how to edit psd (photoshop) file in corel
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vector File From Corel Draw

Getting a quote done for plastisol transfers and been told the artwork needs to be Illustrator Vector File. I have my artwork in Corel Draw, how do I get the required file please ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this help mate?

http://www.designertoday.com/Tutoria....Tutorial.aspx

Oh, and if you don't mid me asking - who's doing the quote for you as I am after getting some done also.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they can normally use PDF's as well, just click export on left hand side, then away you go choose your file type

make sure its converted to curves first
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    convert to outlines/curves.. weld anything that needs it and just go to save as and select .ai from options :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies so far. I did notice the option to save as Adobe Illustrator, wasn't sure if that was it.

The artwork is actually all text in the shape of a number one, do I still need to convert to outlines/curves ?

Adam - so far got prices off Target & Revolution, still waiting for one from Jester. Not quite worked out yet which is the best price wise, they don't tell you the exact price for what you want, just the price guides.

Anybody dealt with these companies for custom transfers ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    quick question to you Dave :) how to fit words in to the shape of digit or letter? :) i love to do that but never done before so you may save me some time ;)
    Last edited by Paul; 31-03-2011 at 10:38 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    quick question to you Dave :) how to words in shape of digit or letter? :) i love to do that but never done before so you may save me some time ;)

Not very scientific I'm afraid Paul. I just used an outline of a number as background and filled it in manually. Not got the file at home but will post it up tomorrow. The one thing I did find ( totally by accident ) is that if you have a list of names in a file and then copy it in to Corel you can then split them all up in to text boxes individually and just move them. When I get time I'll sort out the instructions and post it up, might help somebody.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, convert your type to outlines..if the company you're using doesn't have the font it will be substituted in Illustrator when they open it.

We are using a company called Moschatel, and although you sometimes need to chase them up the transfers I've used from them have been good quality and fine. I don't know how their prices compare with Target etc however it's worth getting a quote from them...

:)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its just text, and has been created in coreldraw - its already a vector. Just convert the font to curves and email the file, or convert to curves, pdf it and email the pdf to keep the file size down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    quick question to you Dave :) how to words in shape of digit or letter? :) i love to do that but never done before so you may save me some time ;)
    Hi Paul,

In Photoshop, the method is described here:
    http://www.tutorialsroom.com/tutoria..._in_shape.html
    (Scroll down to step 8)

Or if you have Adobe Illustrator, then:
    http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ead.php?t=7658

If you don't have Photoshop or Illustrator but are using Adobe Elements, Inkscape, Xara etc (which don't have quite the same level of "path" functionality) then you need a workaround as follows:

Step 1 - prepare the shape template
    (There are a number of ways to do this but here's one method)
    -Draw a large, solid rectangle shape.
    -Pop a mask on top of the rectangle and (on the mask) create the shape you ultimately want your text to conform to (eg large number "1").
    [-If the shape is text/number then you may at this point need to highlight it and do "convert text to shape" or similar process]
    -Cut the large rectangle using the mask; this should create a solid black rectangle with the desired shape punched out of it.

Step 2 - prepare your text
    -Create a text box that is smaller than the template rectangle, but is large enough to completely cover the shaped hole.
    -Enter the text you want to use as your fill.

Step 3 - combine the two
    -Position the text box behind the shaped template. DON'T put it in a separate layer; keep the template and the text in the same layer, but choose "send to back" for the text box, to put it behind the template.
    -Select the template shape and click "repel text under" (or similar); this should hopefully arrange your text in the correct shape.
    -Now change the rectangle colour to be the same as your background colour to hide it. DON'T make it transparent to hide it, because this will make at least some of the design software packages "ignore" it and your text won't be constrained by the shape.
    -Finally, adjust font size/word spacing, add/delete some lines etc until the text fills the shape fully.
    -Once that's all done, it's a good idea to select both the template box and the text box and "group" them. Then, if you need to move the text around in your file, the template will move too so you won't inadvertently displace the text from its shaped layout.

Hope that helps!

Jude
    Last edited by Jude; 31-03-2011 at 10:41 PM.